LaunchBox Community Forums

7.10-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Wow, I am super impressed. I take my hat off to you Jason. Thank you for, well...

a) reacting to the issue so quickly, like you're on the pulse of your users :)
b) fixing it so quickly, with a direct link to the latest beta (which is now in my DropBox j.i.c.)
c) ... LaunchBox!

• Like 1

Any way to make a quick fix to the importing of .exe files?  It's really a pain in the rear to import them under any random emulator and then batch editing the entire group to use 'no emulator'.   I think that a launcher should launch .exe files easier than it is currently.  Just hoping it's a quick fix...  Thanks.

@Jason Carr there is a problem with trying to work on any theme in Visual Studio with the game wheel views etc that use coverflow coverfactory i think it is down to visual studio not finding the plugins for coverfactory and therefore you cannot work on any theme views using coverfactory with the latest beta

Untitled.png

Edited by Maddoc1007

@Jason Carr Just also noticed that transitions:TransitionPresenter x:Name="Video" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView} is no longer pulling the images when Use Game Background Video is ticked in the settings in themes in BigBox in latest beta but when it is not ticked the small video still works and the large background image works.

Edited by Maddoc1007
  • Like 1

@Jason Carr where do we put feature requests for plugin interfaces, the bitbucket?  I am thinking a way to trigger navigation (go to a specific UI section such as series/seriesname or playlist/playlistname) would be a good idea.  I'm starting a lot of little test plugins just to see what can be done so far.

You'll probably also want a general service plugin in the future, but you will need to add a lot more thread safety for that to the core application.

Edited by Nielk1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@ninja2bceen, I messaged you but I'll respond here as well. Agreed that it would be pretty cool, we just would need the community to maintain the data. We should put that on the next poll. :)

@dovella Collection syncing via Dropbox, etc. is already possible just by putting the LaunchBox folder inside of the Dropbox folder.

@Lmagnus87 I will be providing some demo plugins myself, but we'll be mostly relying on the community to build plugins going forward (I'll just keep developing stuff into LaunchBox and Big Box directly).

@spektor56 That should be possible for someone to build soon enough. :)

Yep ,

The problem is not wanting to sync everything, but decide what to sync.
For example, no commands (use different gamepads),

Welp, I have my "Install with Steam" plugin working mostly.  The issue I'm having is that since the libraries I need to use are 32 bit in some cases I had to write an interprocess system using Named Pipes and JSON.  Those darn Named Pipes like to get all sorts of screwed up for me.  No one else will have any issue like that, it's just an issue I'm having that might influence some of my suggestions for plugin types.

• Like 1

Yep ,

The problem is not wanting to sync everything, but decide what to sync.
For example, no commands (use different gamepads),

Hey Jason I wrote you a private message , any chance of a hand with that question buddy ? [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lmagnus87 said:

Beta 5 is slower than before?

I tried to delete my configuration but the startup is little slow

same here used to show start up video then bigbox now its showing the vdeo twice

• Like 1

@Jason Carr And all Theme Developers.  I Think i might have the DPI scaling issue for text solved.  We just have to put in the Themes anything that uses text inside a Viewbox, i have tried this on Normal (100%), Medium (125%) and Large (150%) and the text did not expand over its container on any of those sizes.  Here is a code example:-

<Viewbox x:Name="viewbox" Margin="0,-6,0,-12" Width="365">
                    <Canvas x:Name="PlatformDetails" Width="523" ClipToBounds="True"
HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,0,0,0" Height="158"
RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5" >
                        <controls:ScrollableTextBlock x:Name="Details" Text="{Binding
Details}" FontFamily="Cambria" FontSize="26" Foreground="White"
TextWrapping="WrapWithOverflow" Width="423" ScrollBeginDelay="6" ScrollSpeed="2"
ScrollAutoReverse="True" ScrollEndDelay="6" ReverseScrollSpeed="0.5" ScrollDirection="Up"
TextOptions.TextFormattingMode="Display" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis"
TextOptions.TextHintingMode="Fixed" FontWeight="Bold" >
                        </controls:ScrollableTextBlock>
                    </Canvas>
                </Viewbox>
            </DockPanel>

• Like 2

Wasn't sure where else to place this.  I just wanted to mention that the last changes that Jason made with startup performance my BB startup time is really quick now less than a third of the time.  I was also having slow response time in BB as far as navigating around in between menus and just moving around the interface at all.  But that is all gone and it is really quick now.  :D  For reference I have a small collection under 2000 games and current hardware.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, deliyuerek85 said:

@Jason Carr

Since the last beta if you have no video set for a playlist, you don't see the images in the device image folder anymore. Could you change this back plaese, because I am using device images for some playlists instead of videos?

Whatever bug is causing that issue is probably the same bug causing screenshots not to show up when a video isn't available.

• Like 1

the CRC dupe check is not working for some games and each time i run the metadate update i get a new image

18328e178ecb62ce9fd844fdbb2ec4aa.png

fix this buy manually deleting all of the killer7 front box and then did the metadata download and this time it will only get 1 so its working but its still getting dupes for all the other media types, i tried this method on another game that is having this problem but it does not work.

http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/31 is it possible the problem is that the database has more then 1 front cover and its confusing the CRC check? seems like the games i have so far found all have more then 1 front cover not sure if this means anything.

b560d642da62ef6d304bf0657d0d10a8.png

on beta 2 i did clean images and it removed all dupes, i have not used emumovies for anything all the new metadata/images where grabbed from Launchbox DB so something is still not right it should show no deleted images.

Edited by emko