LaunchBox Community Forums

7.10-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

@Maddoc1007 OK now THAT is the issue there in your screenshot I was talking to Jason about.

I wish I could find a way to set an editor only render but I haven't found a way to to yet, so even once it's all working it will just be a bunch of ugly black boxes.

At the very least though we can try to fix that ugly error box.  @Jason Carr, here's how I fixed my custom control having that specific error (and make it show as a red box provided no other control that would be solid black at design time was in the way).  You can use this type of branching in the constructor to do at least some minimal hacks to get it to render how you want in the editor.

if (!System.ComponentModel.DesignerProperties.GetIsInDesignMode(this))
{
  InitializeComponent();
}
else
{
  this.Background = Brushes.Red;
}

Edited by Nielk1
  • Like 2

I don't even know WPF and I'm coming in here like a wrecking ball and fixing things. :P

Everyone who makes themes, USE FALLBACK VALUES!  You'll have a far easier time seeing what you are doing in cases like this:

<SolidColorBrush Color="Black" Opacity="{Binding BackgroundFade, FallbackValue=0.5}" />

Sounds like the theme projects might need their references refreshed.  The references say "Specific Version: False" so I'm not sure why libraries needed to be re-added.  It's possible that the libs were copied into the output folder when they really should be set for "Copy Local: False".

Edited by Nielk1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

How many are you finding that it is duplicating? If it's just one or two, my guess would be we have a bad checksum value on the server for that image. It's also possible that the image was replaced on the games database or something weird like that.

well after running update metadate/images on my collection i do a "clean up images" i get like 700+ duplicated images deleted, is there a way to log the new image download to see what LB DB CRC its trying to match and what my image is returning? because clearly the clean image system is working correct so why wouldn't the image downloader return the same CRC match?

The only thing I can think of is that the local CRC calculation for some reason differs for those files from the remote CRC.  It's possible the remote CRC is incorrect if it's certain images, or it's possible the algorithm is failed.  The reason it would be finding local duplicates however is that the local CRCs would all be generated with the same algorithm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

I don't have any issues with Dolphin in the latest beta I've been playing Four Swords Adventure a few days this week and testing other GameCube games and haven't had any crashes.

No issues with Dolphin (using 5 stable) and the latest LB beta here either.

1 minute ago, teeedubb said:

hmmm its still happening with the latest nightly, even when a game is launched in dolphin outside of lb.  anyway to trouble shoot this in lb? does lb have a log file?

If it's happening outside LB then LB most likely won't have any info on what's causing it. Check the Dolphin logs.