LaunchBox Community Forums
thraxlol

Bulk change ROM path's

Hi guys, 

So.... I setup LB with all my ROM's on a secondary HDD, and I'm now putting together a portable version (which has ROM's under the LB folder structure.

I've already got all the metadata and video's etc, but obviously a straight copy/paste means all my ROMs have the wrong file path.

Is there any way to select all games per console and edit the folder to the new one? 

I'm sort of assuming there's not, as the path goes to the file level, not the folder... but thought I'd ask so that I could avoid re-importing if possible.

On a related note... when I re-import it appears to be reaching out and re-downloading media for the games - I want it to use the existing media that I've already got...

Hmm, it's not re-downloading media, just reaching out to the database(s) to check/verify which is making it painfully slow, but again I don't expect there's a way around it.

There is no bulk edit rom path feature in Launchbox yet though it is something I have been asking Jason for a while.

The easiest ways right now is to either remove your games from LB and re-import them or use a text editor like Notepad++ to "find and replace" the path in the platform.xml, this is the way I did it when I moved my roms before.

If you do the re-import you can turn off the data and image scraping in the import wizard to speed it up.

30 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

The easiest ways right now is to either remove your games from LB and re-import them or use a text editor like Notepad++ to "find and replace" the path in the platform.xml, this is the way I did it when I moved my roms before.

More specifically the xml for the platform you are changing your rom paths for like Sega Genesis.xml in your \LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\ folder.

Edit:
Yup

• Like 1

When you choose to re-import, just uncheck all of the media boxes. The two screens with the "uncheck all" buttons, press those.

• Like 1