LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to launch games using RA.

a7mag3ddon

LB unzips automatically if you have that checkbox ticked. Truth is NES games are so small unless you are extremely pressed for space it isn't necessary to have them zipped. The whole US library is smaller than the average hour TV show you would download.

Oh yeah I realise Nes is small but I was setting up the basics for all my systems c64, snes, Amiga, speccy, etc etc and they are already all zipped.

It's seems odd to have a front end that can either have that enabled or disabled only for everything or nothing. Would better to have it on a per system basis ?

But now I know I will check what it's set to.

It would be better if it was on a per system basis but unfortunately that isn't the case. As a work around many of us use a 2nd emulator entry pointing at the same retroarch.exe to be able to use different features. So basically you could have your normal RA setup and then you could add a 2nd emulator to LB named Retroarch [unzip] add just the command lines you need and have both options while still only needing one copy of RetroArch

Ahh yes that's a great idea, I won't be using RA as my default emu in the long term I just need to get something working just to see if if the panda/launch box is worth the investment.

LB on a regular PC looks great but trying on a simpler machine is painstaking at best ha-ha.

Edited by a7mag3ddon

RetroArch is one of the best emulators available, so the work around is fairly simple (though stupid I admit). Honestly, I agree, the NES game (and to be more honest, I don't think any games) should ever be archived. That's just my personal opinion though. At the very least, I'm glad some answers were given.

• Like 1