LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Setup NEO-GEO Using RetroArch

destac

My retroarch is 1.5.0 stable.

I'm runing on Windows 10 x64 

I followed this tutorial to setup launchbox trough retroarch to use NeoGeo core: 

I have neogeo.zip bios on my roms folder and my roms are on .zip file format

I also have the -L "cores\fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.dll" set up on launchbox.

I also tried with retroarch 1.4.1 stable but still don't play at all.

Any help?

Edited by destac

Those cores didn't work either, and I wrote on Associated Platforms the following:
NeoGeo and the  -L "cores\fbalpha2012_libretro.dll" or even -L "cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll" set up on launchbox.

I noticed that my system folder is empty. It is suposed to be empty?

Edited by destac

So I need to put neogeo.zip bios on system folder and rom folder too right?
Yeah, I wrote all places "NeoGeo" the exact same way with those capital letters.

I tried to have bios on both folders but launchbox doesn't start RA anyway on those three cores.

I know that the neogeo roms work because i open one of them inside retroarch by loading content.

Edited by destac

Ok, and now I only have my NeoGeo bios on roms folder.

This is my edit emulator:

emulator details.jpg

This is my associated platforms:

associated platforms.jpg

But I think my may be something else missing on my RA.

I only did what ETA PRIME did on his video.

Edited by destac

Hmm, i'm sitting here looking at your screenshots and reading over your posts and I don't see anything wrong. I thought maybe you had one of the boxes in the edit emulator window checked or maybe a typo in the command line but it all looks correct.

My only question right now is are you 100% sure you are using that core listed in your command line ? I believe you when you tell me you are but I have made that mistake in the past myself and seen people make it as well so I have to double check it to eliminate it. Personally I use the "fbalpha_libretro.dll" core since it's the most up to date along with my rom set.

I'm gonna tag @SentaiBrad and have him take a look in here, maybe he can see something i'm missing.

I have both 3 cores on my core folder: 

fbalpha_libretro.dll

fbalpha2012_libretro.dll

fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.dll

There is any other way to double check if I'm using the core that I showed you listed?

This is my NeoGeo Game on emulation tab:

3.jpg

No, but I tried to setup SNES roms with retroarch once, and I had similar issues.

On Launchbox I have nullDC working for my Dreamcast games and ePSXe for my Playstation games, and everything work just fine.

For simplicity it's best to just setup Retroarch as the emulator in LB instead of for each system like you have for NeoGeo and then you can add each platform and command lines in the associated platforms tab.

In theory the way you have it for your NeoGeo setup should work and looking at what you have it should work but you are definitely running into an issue there somewhere.

2017-05-01 16_39_17-Manage Emulators.png

2017-05-01 16_39_24-Edit Emulator.png

2017-05-01 16_39_32-Edit Emulator.png

Now I set my launchbox like you have, and I marked NeoGeo on Associated Platforms, but I had to unmark Attempt to hide console window on startup/shutdown, otherwise it came this error:

5.jpg

I have My launchbox on this path: D:\User name\Documents\LaunchBox

I have my emulators folder on this path: D:\User name\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\RetroArch_1.5.0_stable

I have my roms on this path: D:\User name\Downloads\Jogos\Roms

Edited by destac

No, I just followed the video to import rom files, add files and so on.
I erased emulator and platform and I repeated the process again for testing those diferent cores, and now to set up retroarch like your example.

Edited by destac

I have to select all NeoGeo games on launchbox, rigth click, edit, then set field: Emulator and Value: Retroarch?
It didn't solved my problem.

I'm not sure what bulk edit tool is though.

Edited by destac