LaunchBox Community Forums

Open - Show a list of missing data for games - Issue #355

emko

Would be nice to have a list of missing data/images in a list so we can see whats missing so we can add the data quickly, right now i created clear logos for games that don't have them on my Launchbox collection but i wouldn't mind helping with other games but its hard to figure out what games have none, I think it would be best to have the list for each platform.

also maybe have a option to upload the best quality image of the logos for people who can then use them to cut out the logo for clear logos, would cut down the searching for people who can do the photoshop stuff. When i do the cutting of the logos most of my time is spent googling for a quality image with the logo in it and it would be a big help if i get a image already that way i could  make  many clear logos images quickly

1 hour ago, SentaiBrad said:

You can, sort of. Click on a platform, then go to Tools -> Audit. You can sort it by images and see which games don't have any. If I recall, it doesn't tell you the specific categories of images though.

sorry am i blind? i cant see that anywhere on the games db

4e27703aced8215d9e04585ef237e3ef.png

ohh your talking about launchbox its self, that's not really helpful as i don't have every game but i would help out filling in the blanks if there was a way to easily see whats missing in the db instead of blinding going into a game and clicking images 

Well to be fair to Brad your post is in the LB feature section and not the DB section and you never actually mention the DB I saw this last night before I went to bed and almost gave the same basic reply he did.

8 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Well to be fair to Brad your post is in the LB feature section and not the DB section and you never actually mention the DB I saw this last night before I went to bed and almost gave the same basic reply he did.

this is the Database section "LaunchBox Games Database", i guess i should have said DB my bad just thought this section was just for the DB anyways this would still be very helpful to see whats missing on the DB.

Yea sorry, I get e-mails for all of the posts and missed what category this was in. The e-mail doesn't tell me what category the post is in, just the title and the post contents. xD In terms of the Database, no there really aren't any of those types of tools yet. You can see when a game doesn't have a dedicated front box art, but that's about it. If you want, on the Database, at the top, there is an Issues/Requests button that will take you to the Database BitBucket. Please feel free to add tickets for each change you'd like to see, like being able to filter out games without any images or images based on certain categories.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:02 AM, SentaiBrad said:

You can, sort of. Click on a platform, then go to Tools -> Audit. You can sort it by images and see which games don't have any. If I recall, it doesn't tell you the specific categories of images though.

So I can into an issue with this method Brad.  I believe I was the one that brought this up in another topic.  I realized that I could have grabbed some of those images from emumovies so even though I have box art for a game doesn't mean it is in the DB.  Now have no image at all for it pretty much for sure means it's not in the DB it's not going to be a 100% way to complete the DB.

• Vlansix changed the title to Open - Show a list of missing data for games - Issue #355