LaunchBox Community Forums

Grila's Custom BigBox Controls

bat.jpg.e206f8c91463a6bbb7689bb8663641ef.jpg(quick photoshop)

pretty much that but not just lines on top. Really segregated so that shadows can be seen underneath.

I was thinking you were also going to add it to your bbcontrols plugin where it also has the options for thickness and such. I didn't think you were going to do a separate plugin. Like the ability to chose from gradual smooth drain to the psp blinking type. Or the option for the ability to have the juice separated like the psp or full. I thought you were going to do that. As it is now if I replace the current battery, the outer border is super thick without the ability to control it to make it the same sizes as the original.

Edited by shinra358

1 minute ago, shinra358 said:

bat.jpg.e206f8c91463a6bbb7689bb8663641ef.jpg(quick photoshop)

pretty much that but not just lines on top. Really segregated so that shadows can be seen underneath.

You can do that yourself with the exposed properties. Use a gradient for the bar colors (BattCriticalColor, BattLowColor, BattHighColor).

5a0c9834298e3_WpfApp1-MicrosoftVisualStudio11_15_20172_40_21PM.thumb.png.3e853aa5c3ef3aa2e18c7a255c43405b.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

Oh ok, so the exposed properties can also modify the border thickness like your original plugin and thicKness between the separated battery and have you choose from gradual gain/loss to blinks as well?

Nothing can be adjusted on this one except the colors. I made it to match this video you posted on the first page.

5a0c9a3744884_GrilasCustomBigBoxControls-Page3-Third-PartyApplicationsandPlugins(Released)-LaunchBoxCommunityForums-GoogleChrome11_15_20172_48_11PM.thumb.png.90bdbc0641c5cc71d32d765a9bf8e088.png

Yes, I had asked there: " Can you put an option in here for the battery indicator to have the divided battery juice like shown here "  which meant to just have the battery juice divided. The vid was to show what the term 'divided battery juice meant'. I didn't mention color or anything else. I thought you were just going to include some opacity mask elements in your current plugin to make the juice look divided as some options. I wanted all the other options of your original. If that was a bit of trouble to your time, I dont mind donating to you for your troubles.

Edited by shinra358

3 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

I didn't mention color or anything else.

The ability to change the color is for the end user's sake. It has to be there or anyone using a control would be stuck with what the developer chose. I didn't specially add that because of your request, the ability is also in the original.

4 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

I thought you were just going to include some opacity mask elements in your current plugin to make the juice look divided.

If all you wanted is an opacity mask for the original, you can do that yourself in the XAML. The original one is a progress bar though, so the charging animation of the segments is impossible.

If all you are after is the segmented look, and not the animation, I suggest you just use the original and make a mask for it to suit your needs.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me out here, I've never used visual studio and really don't know what I am doing.
I am using the default theme, and trying to put the namespace code, but I really don't understand where to put it, or really if I am doing it correctly.

I am using the default theme with the vertical scrolling platforms. All I want is the controller battery status for connected wireless controllers (white in color). In the bottom left corner, or really wherever else it'll look nice.
Everytime I try to edit the files, I save it and then load launchbox, launchbox then undoes any edits I have done (windows 10).

Thanks

5 hours ago, Chadmando said:

Can someone help me out here, I've never used visual studio and really don't know what I am doing.
I am using the default theme, and trying to put the namespace code, but I really don't understand where to put it, or really if I am doing it correctly.

I am using the default theme with the vertical scrolling platforms. All I want is the controller battery status for connected wireless controllers (white in color). In the bottom left corner, or really wherever else it'll look nice.
Everytime I try to edit the files, I save it and then load launchbox, launchbox then undoes any edits I have done (windows 10).

Thanks

Sorry I Can't help you with the actual edits as I don't know how to use visual studio either. As for the theme reverting back after you make any edits that is by design, it's a safety feature so that there is always a working theme if something goes wrong wit a custom one Launchbox will simply revert to the default. The way around this is to simply copy and paste the default theme then name it whatever you want and edit that one.

On 1/5/2018 at 4:08 AM, neil9000 said:

Sorry I Can't help you with the actual edits as I don't know how to use visual studio either. As for the theme reverting back after you make any edits that is by design, it's a safety feature so that there is always a working theme if something goes wrong wit a custom one Launchbox will simply revert to the default. The way around this is to simply copy and paste the default theme then name it whatever you want and edit that one.

Ok, well that's a step in the right direction, Thanks!

• 1 year later...

@Grila Thx for this cool plugin ! ?

I am (slowly) working on a new theme and I wish to use the gamepad part of your plugin.
On my work in progress, it worked very well until today. Now I have a problem with Visual Studio.

Exemple : 
I work on PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml.
I put your 2 DLL into "myTheme / Plugins"
In my xaml :

<UserControl>
             xmlns:g="clr-namespace:GrilaBBControlsPlugin;assembly=GrilaBBControlsPlugin"
</UserControl>
<g:GrilaControllerStatus x:Name="GrillaController" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" Grid.Row="10" Grid.RowSpan="1" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="20,0,0,20" Panel.ZIndex="22" 
                                     GrilaControllerColor="#bfbfbf"
                                     GrilaControllerLightOnColor="#5abc3c"
                                     GrilaControllerLightOffColor="#bfbfbf"/>

For me, everything seems right. Your plugin works great under BigBox.

BUT, in Visual Studio, I have a problem: The preview doesnt load. And he tells me that the mistake comes from the call of your plugin.
Visual Studio Community 2017 (up to date - v.15.9.7)
erreur.thumb.PNG.558bf4af722666d7f17f3e79c9749afa.PNG

Any idea ???