LaunchBox Community Forums

More views  or layout for Launchbox could be an excellent plugin

• Content
  • Details
  • Seizable Icons (Yes Just Icons)

List and Titles were made it by Jason :)

explorer_views8.pngexplorer_views10.pngexplorer_views12.png

Just like Windows explorer (AKA File Explorer)

Edited by Lmagnus87
Edit

On 13/05/2017 at 5:14 AM, Solo187 said:

I dont know what kind of things can be accomplished with these new plugins, But a way to use actual game music formats for music instead of mp3s would be great. That way you could use your own vgm collections for the game music. Eg for c64 a sidplay plugin to be able to use HVSC. You would have music for every c64 game. Or a deli/exotic  music player plugin for the amiga. Vgm for genesis, SMS, Gamegear. NSF for nes. SPC for snes etc. There are many video game music formats & full vgm collections are quite easy to come by on the net. This way you could have music playing for pretty much all your games

+1

Being able to play older game music in it's original format rather than downloading MP3's would be a lot easier. We already have the collections and players. Really want a Sidplayer plugin.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With all the hubbub surrounding Kodi as of late, i have been considering moving my movie, tv and music collection to BB. 

It looks like movies and tv is covered but it would be nice to have a music collection importer. Nothing fancy as I've no need for a scraper because my albums are all correctly tagged and have a folder.jpg. Basically something to add the individual files as a single album and display the folder.jpg then select to play the album in Foobar2000. 

I know bupkis about programming so i don't know if this would be a large undertaking or if it is even possible within the plugin framework.

5 hours ago, BlackSol said:

With all the hubbub surrounding Kodi as of late, i have been considering moving my movie, tv and music collection to BB. 

It looks like movies and tv is covered but it would be nice to have a music collection importer. Nothing fancy as I've no need for a scraper because my albums are all correctly tagged and have a folder.jpg. Basically something to add the individual files as a single album and display the folder.jpg then select to play the album in Foobar2000. 

I know bupkis about programming so i don't know if this would be a large undertaking or if it is even possible within the plugin framework.

I have the same feelings as you. thats why im building some importand scraping plugins. i havent attempted music yet but ot is next on my list. i must just figure out how to add the music. i was thinking of adding an artist as a game and each song as an alternative version. or the other option would be to add Artist  - Album as the gamename and each song as alternative version.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slipsystem said:

I have the same feelings as you. thats why im building some importand scraping plugins. i havent attempted music yet but ot is next on my list. i must just figure out how to add the music. i was thinking of adding an artist as a game and each song as an alternative version. or the other option would be to add Artist  - Album as the gamename and each song as alternative version.

Excellent, looking forward to see what you can come up with.

Hello,

I would like a pluging that adds all my games on launch box with art to steam and vice/versa. I use a lot of big picture mode and would like to see launch box games there ass well. also when i buy a gem on steam i would like it to be automatically added to launch box as weel

On 6/7/2017 at 0:18 PM, slipsystem said:

I've been using Launch/Big Box for my music for a long time now. Here's how I've been doing it:

I create an .m3u playlist for every album and use that playlist as the "game" to import. You'll see also in the attached images that I also use "Developer" as "Artist" and "Publisher" as "Label." Not pictured is "Status," which I use to tell me if the files are .flac, or .mp3 (or other formats). As my emulator I have a portable installation of Foobar. Additional applications help me with the rest. I use the same file link as the album's ,m3u file to perform "Add to Now Playing" and "Visualization" options. For "Add to Now Playing," the additional application uses the same Foobar install but with a new emulator, which launches with the custom command option "Add." For visualization I use a portable VLC install which launches right into the visualization.

A long time ago I used to add every song as an additional application with the primary application being the m3u playlist, but I found that to be tremendously tedious and often too cluttered. Particularly when an album came with things like art books, which I also added as additional materials.

launchboxmusic.png

launchboxmusic2.png

launchboxmusic3.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

I was wondering if someone would be aware of, or would like to develop, a plugin that let you launch, say a couple applications in background when launching BigBox (a bit similrar to Kodi/xbmc launcher, for those whoknows).

Simple explanation, for big box and emulators, I use a X-Arcade joystick (that "emulates a keyboard), along witha  program (X-Arcade to X-input) that turns those inputs into x-input gamepads. FOr casual home usage it's not a big deal, but I'd like to build a cabinet an automate pretty much everything. I already tried batch files, but ran into some issues, and the windows opened wouldnt hide/minimize when launch.

Otherwise, a big cheer up to the plugins developers, and the launchbox community!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

There's a Kodi metadata importer for movies and TV shows, yeah? Does anybody think they could handle building a plugin to import metadata and cover artwork from a Calibre library into LaunchBox? Ideally the game path would link back to the book file in Calibre.

Not sure if these have been requested but anyone wants to tackle these 2 plugin ideas that would be awesome.

1: Export a list of games from a platform to an easy to read text file.

2: Export a set of roms from a platform (or auto generated playlist if possible) to a folder. This would be really handy for building a streamlined set of roms for use on a portable USB flash drive setup.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 25/10/2017 at 3:55 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Not sure if these have been requested but anyone wants to tackle these 2 plugin ideas that would be awesome.

1: Export a list of games from a platform to an easy to read text file.

2: Export a set of roms from a platform (or auto generated playlist if possible) to a folder. This would be really handy for building a streamlined set of roms for use on a portable USB flash drive setup.

Yeah, that would be great.

Create a playlist, and export it for sharing a set of roms with a friend... I thought there was this option in Launchbox, but I can't find it.

No, I don't want to give a playlist, I want to export all the roms of one (or more) playlist, make a copy of them in a folder.

"- Hey, do you have any good party games for my new Raspberry Pi ?
- Sure, I made a playlist. *click click* * exporting roms*
- Here they are !"

I could give my playlist, but people doesn't have 10K+ games like me...:D