Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Ihope72

Multi-Region Games

Recommended Posts

I would like to discuss about a feature i don't find in LaunchBox.

I'm actually start to configure LaunchBox for my Genesis Library.

Some of Genesis Roms are Multi-Region (Europe, Japan or USA).

For Example Bare Knuckle II is Japan and Europe.

For each region the cover is different but the game's behavior is different (Japan Text for Japan Region, English Text for Europe Version).

What I would like is that in LaunchBox have an option to switch between the 2 versions of the game (Japan or Europe) and why not have the corresponding cover between switching.

Is there a way to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Ihope72, LaunchBox should automatically combine different regions for a game now on imports, so that you can select the region on right-click when launching the game. The box art that is used should be whatever matches the default region (the first one in the list).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.5.2017 at 7:15 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hi @Ihope72, LaunchBox should automatically combine different regions for a game now on imports, so that you can select the region on right-click when launching the game. The box art that is used should be whatever matches the default region (the first one in the list).

is it also possible to have a select region in big box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr,

now you've got me totally rethinking my setup...

If I wanted to have a selection as stated above, what's the best set to import? Merged? non merged? other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 11:57 AM, alexis524 said:

@Jason Carr,

now you've got me totally rethinking my setup...

If I wanted to have a selection as stated above, what's the best set to import? Merged? non merged? other?

You'll want to use non-merged ROMs. That way they'll all be found on import. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jason,

 

silly question, but, how does LB know to combine region related ROM's? Does it look for tiltes with same names and group them that way? Is there any manual work that needs to be done?

Edited by alexis524

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2017 at 10:58 AM, alexis524 said:

Thanks Jason,

 

silly question, but, how does LB know to combine region related ROM's? Does it look for tiltes with same names and group them that way? Is there any manual work that needs to be done?

Yes, it basically just uses identical names with differing region or version information. Shouldn't require any manual work. It's not perfect, but should get you pretty close. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, so take for example Contra. The NA version is Contra, whereas the JP version is titled Gryzor. If I imported a non-merged set, would LB know to lump them together automatically, or would I have to manually combine them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, alexis524 said:

Hmm, so take for example Contra. The NA version is Contra, whereas the JP version is titled Gryzor. If I imported a non-merged set, would LB know to lump them together automatically, or would I have to manually combine them?

Unfortunately those would need manually combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...