LaunchBox Community Forums

7.10-beta-7 Released

Jason Carr

Alright guys, beta 7 is here now. I've added/fixed/changed the following:

- Added a PluginHelper.StateManager.IsBigBoxLocked object and property so plugins can access this info at all times. Other state information will be added to this object in the future.

- Added GameStarting and GameExited system events for the ISystemEventsPlugin

- Moved the IBigBoxThemeElementPlugin.OnSelectionChanged event calls to be a tad bit later in the process

- Added IGameMenuItemPlugin support to the Audit screen

- Added better error messages when loading plugins on startup

- Added a reference to Unbroken.LaunchBox.Plugins.dll in the default theme project

- Changed the Big Box startup process to use one less thread if a startup video is playing (should help reduce startup video hiccups)

- Fixed some more minor bugs with the startup process

Huge thanks to all the plugin developers for their help in perfecting the plugin engine so far. We're going to spend one more live stream tomorrow taking in feedback and perfecting it before we begin to wrap up and prep for the 7.10 release. :)

• Like 8

12 hours ago, ckp said:

got a new youtube scraper plugin error with beta 7 that i didnt see with beta 6

edit: it might not be new to beta 7

bolt.txt

It looks like whoever wrote the plugin didn't account for HTTP errors yet, though I need to look at the source code of that plugin to know for sure if that's the issue, just guessing.

Thanks guys. Let's keep errors and testing discussion related to specific plugins in that plugin's thread so that we don't clutter things up and introduce a bunch of confusion.

@bundangdon The ISystemEventsPlugin is a plugin type that plugin developers would develop against; are you looking to develop a plugin? Have you seen the documentation here? http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com/

• Like 2

I do still have some rare crashes I can't seem to pin down a repo case for.  They seem to be related to concurrent image loading somehow but it seems to be something that only I really get and it's not the focus of this current beta-series.  So far plugins seem to be working well but I'll know more as I keep working with this.  The plugin I am working on is turning into several plugins all together using the same static API so it's probably one of the most complex uses of the evolving Plugin API.

And really now, the K is important people; "Nielk" not "Niel".  Like "Teal'c" from Stargate, "Niel'k" if you must. Niel'k One

Edited by Nielk1
  • Like 2

I got this problem with the new beta:

Metadata.xml file is corrupted. Please try closing and restarting LaunchBox.

App: LaunchBox Version: 7.10-beta-7 Type: System.Exception Site: System.Data.DataSet () Source: Unbroken.LaunchBox

at () at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.get_DataSet() at () at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetPlatforms() at (String , Boolean ) at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetValidPlatformName(String name, Boolean officialOnly) at (PlaylistGame , Dictionary2& , Dictionary2& , Dictionary2& ) at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.PlaylistGame.GetGame(Dictionary2& platformFileNames, Dictionary2& platformTitles, Dictionary2& platformRoughTitles) at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.<>cDisplayClass156_0.<GetGamesManual>b5(PlaylistGame g) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToListTSourceat Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.GetGamesManual(Boolean sort) at (Playlist , Boolean ) at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.GetGames(Boolean sort)

Also launchbox gets stuck at "Caching Playlists" and doesn't load. I waited 10 minutes and nothing.

Below is a video of how it gets stuck loading 

IMG_2054.MOV

@Andrewnintendo

It should be safe to delete LaunchBox/Metadata/Metadata.xml and let it regenerate.  That file is one of the local files for the GamesDB and shouldn't contain any of your custom data.  I'd make other suggestions but I think removing the Metadata.xml file is a good first step to limit the possible causes of the playlist caching error.  If you want to be safe you can rename the file to Metadata.xml.bak just in case.

• Like 1

Yeah bro. I deleted the metadata.xml file as it was corrupted and it created a new one upon launching launchbox. Currently it's still getting stuck multiple times at "Caching Playlists" and the only way to exit the program is by task manager, however it has come to my understanding from a previous forum read by Jason stating that force closing Launchbox can cause the .xml file to get corrupted which is most likely why mines got corrupted. So the real problem is Launchbox getting stuck or freezing while it tries to cache the playlists. Hopefully Jason can fix this issue for the future beta or stable release. Thanks 

Edited by Andrewnintendo
  • Like 1

Ok, so here is one @Jason Carr probably doesn't get too much heat on. Ever since installing the 7.10 Betas, my Bigbox loads up way too fast. I hardly get to see ANY of my startup video. Haha. Bigbox starts way too dam fast!

But this BB setting seems to do the trick for me "Minimum Startup Video Duration = 10 seconds".

Don't worry Jason, you can make Launchbox (as opposed to Bigbox) start as fast as you can, and I'll never complain about that!  ;)

• Like 1