LaunchBox Community Forums

7.10-beta-7 Released

Jason Carr

Hehehehehe. Thanks guys. Beta 8 is out now with some bug fixes as well as a few new plugin features from the live stream this morning:

- New PluginHelper.StateManager.IsBigBox property

- New PluginHelper.StateManager.IsPremium property

- New PluginHelper.StateManager.IsBigBoxInAttractMode property

- New IPlatform.GetAllGames(bool includeHidden, bool includeBroken) method

- New PluginHelper.BigBoxMainViewModel object is available that will allow you to force navigate to various places in Big Box.

Documentation will be updated shortly to reflect these new changes. :)

Also, I'm hoping I've fixed @Andrewnintendo's issue above as well as @Nielk1's issue with game database IDs changing. :)

Plugin documentation: http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com

• Like 3

@Jason Carr The metadata and media fix seems to be half-working.  The metadata for the example problem game of mine, Colin McRae Rally (2014) was indeed preserved and did not change to the incorrect game, however, media for the incorrect game still downloaded.  It appears you have prevented the metadata overwrite since the DatabaseID was attempting to change when it was already set, but that incorrect DatabaseID was still carried into the media download step rather than using the DatabaseID already attached to the game.

I have no use for it personally, yet, but if you make another iteration after this it would probably be worth adding IPlatformCategory:GetAllPlatforms() .

EDIT: Also @Jason Carr it looks like IBigBoxMainViewModel is in the wrong NameSpace; it's in Unbroken.LaunchBox.Plugins instead of Unbroken.LaunchBox.Plugins.Data

Edited by Nielk1

18 hours ago, Nielk1 said:

@Jason Carr The metadata and media fix seems to be half-working.  The metadata for the example problem game of mine, Colin McRae Rally (2014) was indeed preserved and did not change to the incorrect game, however, media for the incorrect game still downloaded.  It appears you have prevented the metadata overwrite since the DatabaseID was attempting to change when it was already set, but that incorrect DatabaseID was still carried into the media download step rather than using the DatabaseID already attached to the game.

I have no use for it personally, yet, but if you make another iteration after this it would probably be worth adding IPlatformCategory:GetAllPlatforms() .

EDIT: Also @Jason Carr it looks like IBigBoxMainViewModel is in the wrong NameSpace; it's in Unbroken.LaunchBox.Plugins instead of Unbroken.LaunchBox.Plugins.Data

Yeah, I think that was by design to pick up a new game if the existing one no longer existed, but I can see how that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'll see if I can get that logic switched up. Also, yeah, I really probably need another namespace since it's not all Data, but yes, I should keep the root namespace clean with the plugin options. I'll see what I can do. :)

1 minute ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Is it safe to update to a Beta and then afterwards install official 7.9 again? Do I just install over the top of my current installation?

It's usually safe to do that, yes; though it is definitely recommended to take a backup of your entire installation. Betas are betas, and they do break from time to time. ;) 

• Like 1

Alright, beta 9 is out now guys. @Nielk1 this should fix that logic so that media and metadata is only downloaded from the existing connected games database ID instead of searching again. I've also added a couple new methods to IGame to get all images on a game (for @UnderwoodNC's games database submission plugin) as well as a new Unbroken.LaunchBox.Plugins.Data.ImageTypes class which has constants for all possible image types. :)

• Like 4

Hi!

Did you see these bugs yet? (about other region/language roms that disappear or won't import)

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3015/other-language-rom-fail-if-the-game
https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3014/deleting-a-rom-file-from-lang-or-region-x

And can we manually update LaunchBox ? You say there is Beta 8 and 9, but when I launch Beta 7 it don't ask me if I want to update.

Just update to beta 9, still getting immediate exceptions and fully crashing LB/BB about half the time. I posted a bitbucket for it soon as beta8 came out but 9 is behaving identically. No changes from me.

UPDATE: Had to clear my plugins folder 100% and LB/BB is working so something was working in beta7 that no longer works. No idea which one yet.

Edited by cammelspit

Okay @Jason Carr I just noticed this when I combined two games it makes two additional apps including a duplicate one for the facing game is this expected behavior I thought the dropdown would let you choose the game you wanted to be the face game and would only make the additional app for as however many games you were combining with the game that is still showing.

Edited by DOS76