LaunchBox Community Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 9:21 AM, DOS76 said:

I'm pretty sure this has been replaced with a newer steam plugin by another user.

On 10/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, rockohoward said:

Happen to know which? I love Nielk1's plugin but would love to import to my Steam platform instead of the default Windows platform through LB

On 10/26/2019 at 11:05 AM, DOS76 said:

I do not think SteamLauncher has the same functionality that this plugin does.  This plugin maintains your Steam game list in LaunchBox, finding even pre-release status games, and can automatically hide games uninstalled in Steam or create a custom field you can create automatic playlists with to list Installed and Uninstall games.  SteamLauncher is a replacement for my old interstitial executable from before plugins were a thing that allows launching any game in Steam by injecting it as a 3rd party shortcut into Steam on demand.  I'm in contact with the developer of SteamLauncher and have been for some time and hope to entice him to work with me on SteamVent, my new Steam interfacing library.  Maybe one day we'll use this core library, or maybe his code will just help develop the general library.

I have posted an update for SteamTools.  If it does not work please let me know.  It should be around 5000 times faster for scanning games from Steam (I'm not even joking, it's actually that much faster).  There are also functions to copy images and metadata from Steam into the LB library, but be aware these will freeze the client solid while being run, so be patient or select smaller numbers of games when running these functions.

Edited by Nielk1
grammar
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nielk1 said:

Damn, tried my hardest not to :P

I will need to look into your latest SteamLauncher changes, I know you are/were dealing with a lot with the new Steam library.

Indeed. Unfortunately, much of the Library management API/storage has been moved into the java/web portion of the UI. The way they've done things is legitimately bat-shit insane but what can you do, ya know? Just 1 example (promise not to ramble here), all of the old IClientShortcuts API still exists and still modifies shortcuts.vdf as expected (user tags, hidden status, etc), but the Steam UI simply ignores the shortcuts.vdf file for many of the fields/values now (although not all of them... the primary fields are still stored in the shortcuts.vdf file, such as name, exe path, cmd line, etc). Furthermore, where all the new stuff is being stored (mostly values related to the new "Collections"), it looks like it is going to be really tricky to try to modify while Steam is running (due to it caching values and overwriting changes with the cache if you try to modify things live). I was pretty convinced that there had to be a new back-end interface/API for handling this stuff outside of the web code but if there is, I certainly haven't found it...