LaunchBox Community Forums

Hey, I appreciate it, thanks!  I've been thinking it's time for a rewrite to bring it up to date.  I'll have to remove the image upload functionality for now since there were issues with duplicate images getting added to the database, but I can at least get the metadata upload working again and then look into images in a future update.

Thanks for reaching out about it, I'll pick it up this week and see if I can get something out to the community.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/2/2021 at 3:16 PM, UnderwoodNC said:

Hey, I appreciate it, thanks!  I've been thinking it's time for a rewrite to bring it up to date.  I'll have to remove the image upload functionality for now since there were issues with duplicate images getting added to the database, but I can at least get the metadata upload working again and then look into images in a future update.

Thanks for reaching out about it, I'll pick it up this week and see if I can get something out to the community.

Glad to see your still around, Thanks for the update.  Been hoping for one for a while. :)

AddToGamesDb.log

Just installed updated ADDTOGAMESDB and getting this error, just installed Chrome. Newest Beta Release of LB.

Spoiler

2022-01-13 21:54:23.8586 ERROR Metadata Directory Not Found.
2022-01-13 21:54:26.4899 ERROR Exception encountered when trying to get the default browser and load the WebDriver.  Error details as follows: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary
  (Driver info: chromedriver=2.43.600210 (68dcf5eebde37173d4027fa8635e332711d2874a),platform=Windows NT 10.0.19044 x86_64)
2022-01-13 21:54:26.4899 ERROR Exception type: Exception
2022-01-13 21:54:26.4899 ERROR unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary
  (Driver info: chromedriver=2.43.600210 (68dcf5eebde37173d4027fa8635e332711d2874a),platform=Windows NT 10.0.19044 x86_64)
2022-01-13 21:54:26.4899 Error --------------

Call Site: AddToGamesDB.AddToGamesDbPlugin.LogError
 Exception Type: 
 Exception Message: 
 Stack Trace: 
 Additional Info: Exception encountered when trying to get the default browser and load the WebDriver.  Error details as follows: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary

Exception Type: 
 Exception Message: 
 Stack Trace: 
 Additional Info: Exception type: Exception

Exception Type: 
 Exception Message: 
 Stack Trace: 
 Additional Info: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help me with this error, I'm pretty sure its because its trying to use chrome but I use firefox, is there anyway for me to use firefox because I have not the slightest clue.

2022-02-14 02:24:10.3355 Error --------------

Exception Type: 
 Exception Message: 
 Stack Trace: 
 Additional Info: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary
  (Driver info: chromedriver=2.43.600210 (68dcf5eebde37173d4027fa8635e332711d2874a),platform=Windows NT 10.0.22000 x86_64)

Hi Tanuki,

It was only compatible with Chrome at the time, but this plugin is unfortunately outdated.  I’m thinking through ways to keep it up to date, and what the new functionality would need to look like to prevent duplicate or incorrect submissions.  I would recommend uninstalling it for now and, if there’s enough interest, I hope to have a rewrite available soon.

Thanks!

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for getting my attention.

@sqlallstar Yeah, I don’t know if there is an API for the games database now, but at the time, there was not. Bulk updates were also intentionally not supported.  Using UI testing tool, Selenium, I wrote a plugin that opens the browser and does some work.  Unfortunately, Selenium relies on drivers whose versions have to be kept in sync with their respective browser versions, and browser versions can update frequently.  That aspect was problematic.  At the time, I was going to look into phantomjs as an alternative to Chrome to resolve that issue, but phantomjs is no longer supported.  Selenium does have a headless experience now, but I think it still requires the driver and has the same issues.  It just makes testing more performant.  Pretty soon, I’ll be able to look at an alternative to Selenium, and hopefully it doesn’t carry the same issue.

I’ve also been going back and forth on whether it would be better served as a separate app instead of a plugin.

I don’t know if I have the latest code after the laptop crashed, but I’ll grab the latest version I have and get it posted, and update it if I get a hot minute.  I would like to bring it back for the community if there’s interest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 9:15 PM, UnderwoodNC said:

Hey, thanks for getting my attention.

@sqlallstar Yeah, I don’t know if there is an API for the games database now, but at the time, there was not. Bulk updates were also intentionally not supported.  Using UI testing tool, Selenium, I wrote a plugin that opens the browser and does some work.  Unfortunately, Selenium relies on drivers whose versions have to be kept in sync with their respective browser versions, and browser versions can update frequently.  That aspect was problematic.  At the time, I was going to look into phantomjs as an alternative to Chrome to resolve that issue, but phantomjs is no longer supported.  Selenium does have a headless experience now, but I think it still requires the driver and has the same issues.  It just makes testing more performant.  Pretty soon, I’ll be able to look at an alternative to Selenium, and hopefully it doesn’t carry the same issue.

I’ve also been going back and forth on whether it would be better served as a separate app instead of a plugin.

I don’t know if I have the latest code after the laptop crashed, but I’ll grab the latest version I have and get it posted, and update it if I get a hot minute.  I would like to bring it back for the community if there’s interest.

Hi,

I'm also interested by the plugin. I have an huge c64 collection to sync, and it's really too slow through the web.

Thanks for your work !

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...