LaunchBox Community Forums

8 minutes ago, DOS said:

Ok i have just updated to LB 8.0 and installed the plugin, it seems to be working fine now.Thanks everyone for your help and sorry for the hassle of such a minor problem.

No problem, that's what these forums and the community are here for. Glad you got it working, it's a really useful plugin. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, love the plugin,  but for some reason when I configure games it continuously comes up and says "GS Plugin not found, please configure". It works if I just go and click apply even without doing anything, but I'm not sure if it's actually fully configuring everything. Any idea why that would happen? I'm using PCSX2 1.5.0 and everything else works fine.

21 hours ago, Jwagner82 said:

Hey, love the plugin,  but for some reason when I configure games it continuously comes up and says "GS Plugin not found, please configure". It works if I just go and click apply even without doing anything, but I'm not sure if it's actually fully configuring everything. Any idea why that would happen? I'm using PCSX2 1.5.0 and everything else works fine.

Same issue. Tested a fresh install by;

- deleted plugins folder, added new emulator, set default emulator for ps2, ensured games were using default emulator path. launched emulator before launching lb and went through wizard.

Throws same error. Using LB 8.1 and latest 1.5.0 nightly (pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2330-g0e83b89db-windows-x86)

@Jwagner82 @rhydin My guess is that something isn't set up properly as that shouldn't be happening. Try giving some more details, about all the steps you go through when setting it up, what game you are using, etc. You may get that behaviour if it is not a known game and use current graphics settings is not ticked (or similar, cannot remember exact name), from the plugins settings menu (From LB's Tools Menu). Also remember that PCSX2 configurator (and all its files), should be in a sub-folder inside the plugins folder. I am also not currently maintaining the old version, in favour of the (currently unreleased), newer version, which I am hoping to get out soon(ish). 

54 minutes ago, alec100_94 said:

@Jwagner82 @rhydin My guess is that something isn't set up properly as that shouldn't be happening. Try giving some more details, about all the steps you go through when setting it up, what game you are using, etc. You may get that behaviour if it is not a known game and use current graphics settings is not ticked (or similar, cannot remember exact name), from the plugins settings menu (From LB's Tools Menu). Also remember that PCSX2 configurator (and all its files), should be in a sub-folder inside the plugins folder. I am also not currently maintaining the old version, in favour of the (currently unreleased), newer version, which I am hoping to get out soon(ish). 

I noticed that games giving this issue had launch arguments appended to them in Launchbox (Edit game -> Emulation tab) that didn't quite match up with what was in my pcsx2\inis\ folder. 

I've downloaded the database of games from the repo and put them in my LaunchBox\Plugins\PCSX2Configuator\Game Configs\ folder.

I wiped all my games out in Launchbox and readded them and I'm not having the launching issue now, but how do I know if they're truly accepting the preset game configs? After launching a game, my "Use Custom Command-Line Parameters" for that respective game in Launchbox is empty and not pointing to anything, this means the plugin is not working, correct? The game in question does have a folder inside of \Game Configs\.

Perhaps I should delete my entire \Game Configs\ folder and let the plugin manually download everything by attempting to launch each game and test it that way? Is there any other way to know if the plugin is working?

Edited by rhydin

@rhydin I think you are a little confused on how to use this plugin. First of all you don't need to download anything except the plugin, That is all taken care of. If you simply want to use profiles for known games, then simply make sure the plugin is installed, right click the game you want to download the profile for and press configure. Then a prompt will come up asking if you want to download the profile for that game (by default profiles are downloaded to PCSX2's inis folder). Then PCSX2 will launch allowing you to tweak settings, you can simply close this window and then start the game from Launchbox. Custom commandline arguments will be added to your game, but you can essentially ignore them, the plugin knows what it is doing.

Edited by alec100_94

Got it to work as well, just had to delete the configs I had set up prior and redo them. I can tell the configs are changing things because some games are resolution boosted with hacks enabled and others are set up different. Is there any way to have it change all the settings but leave the upscaling? Some games slow down a ton at 4-6x on my setup

38 minutes ago, WuTangDan said:

I am struggling too.

I have followed the steps but my games aren't looking any different... 

The message I have copied below, is that supposed to come up when i press configure? I haven't seen it at all.

5a034e70bd53b_PCSX2ConfiguratorDownloadPrompt.png.f66b304306047fd3095c77ab223b6877.png

That comes up when it recognises the game name and has a  configuration available to download. There isn't one for every game. For games that don't you have to configure them yourself. The real point of the plugin isn't the downloadable configs, its that it allows you to save different PCSX2 settings for each game. Which is really useful as with PCSX2 the settings that work well for one game could completely break another. Even with the downloaded configs you're probably going to want to tweak some of them anyway as its unlikely you have exactly the same PC as the person that makes them.

Edited by spectral

Hi, really odd issue I am having.

I finally got this to work, but the box that says 'do you want to download the config' is tiny, and wherever I click (yes, no or the X to close) it just doesn't respond. I have to close it by right clicking in the taskbar and closing..

Any ideas? I am on a 4K TV.

Edited by WuTangDan

That worked :) Thanks.

I had a saved game for the game I have just configured using Zombeavers configs, is there a way to retrieve that?

I had to completely reinstall PCSX2 and your plugin to get it working again, but i backed up the memory cards and pasted them back into the memory card folder in PCSX2.

I know this is slightly off topic, but just wondering if you know?

@WuTangDan That is easily possible and can be achieved in a couple of ways. The most straight forward is perhaps just renaming your memory card to mcd02.ps2, then your memcard will be installed slot 2 for all games and you can copy over whatever save you want to slot one by using configure to open PCSX2 and then choosing to launch without a disc. You can also use an external tool called mymc, or if it's just one game just rename your memory card to that game. Hope that made sense.