LaunchBox Community Forums

Latest alpha seems to be missing a file. I get an error about LoadConfig.ahk being missing every time I try to configure.

Also, I don't entirely understand the "Use Current ..." options. Whether I toggle them on or off my regular settings are still used when configuring a game for the first time. Do these options prevent the downloaded configs from changing the related settings? Or is it related to copying settings from my default PCSX2 setup?

The file isn't missing, it isn't a part of the new version. If you had an old version installed you will probably need to use the cleaner DLL found in the comments section on the release page. I will include this functionality in the next release to avoid confusion. As for the use current settings, they basically just copy your current pcsx2 config files to the games config directory instead of starting afresh, this will make no difference to games that you have already created configs for, and won't affect any custom settings set by downloaded configs.

Edited by alec100_94
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Since LB.Next will soon become the only version of LB that will be available for users, has this plugin been made to work with .NEXT yet?  Just curious as I'm starting to get back into PS2 games and I will likely want to get this excellent looking plugin to work soon with .NEXT (when/if it works with that) as it seems to make life easier as far as the settings for PCSX2.

24 minutes ago, CDBlue said:

Since LB.Next will soon become the only version of LB that will be available for users, has this plugin been made to work with .NEXT yet?  Just curious as I'm starting to get back into PS2 games and I will likely want to get this excellent looking plugin to work soon with .NEXT (when/if it works with that) as it seems to make life easier as far as the settings for PCSX2.

Nope, not yet. I actually posted about this yesterday in the Emulation section (Apparently there is like 3 or 4 separate threads about PCSX2 Configuration stuff). Next broke the plugin and doesn't work anymore. It works with the original LB, and any settings you already downloaded still work properly. but if you are in the 8.6 version you can't even go back to the original LB. Oh well, hopefully it gets updated soon. 

I guess I will get around to looking at LaunchBox Next support when I have the chance, The last time I looked LB.Next was still very much in beta, and lacking features. Though I can give no real garuntee when that'll be as I really don't want to try and rush something out nor do I want this to eat up all my free time for the foreseeable future. There is quite a bit of work in getting the same experience in LB.Next due to it using an entirely different form system, not even sure if i'm using the most sensible approach for LB.Next.

Edited by alec100_94

Hi, im using latest build of pcsx2 1.5.0, ive extracted the configurator to the launchbox 'plugins' folder, but when i launch launchbox its not recognising the plugin what so ever, i right click a ps2 game & the 'configure' area is still grey'd out? Could anyone point out where im going wrong please.

cheers

9 minutes ago, tensazangetsu said:

Hi, im using latest build of pcsx2 1.5.0, ive extracted the configurator to the launchbox 'plugins' folder, but when i launch launchbox its not recognising the plugin what so ever, i right click a ps2 game & the 'configure' area is still grey'd out? Could anyone point out where im going wrong please.

cheers

What version of Launchbox are you using? If you are on a 8.6 beta or are using Launchbox next it doesnt work anymore.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:32 AM, Zombeaver said:

A new version is currently in development, but until it's released you'd need to be on LB 8.5 (which still has an OG LB option) or earlier to use the plugin.

Not wanting to come across rude but where did you hear that a new version was in the works? 

Just curious.