LaunchBox Community Forums

MiraiKuma    6

Here is a small plugin I made to import the eXoDOS games into LaunchBox. Currently it does not import images, just the game and the info about it in the about.txt and the ini file in the eXoDOS folders. 

Usage: 

Backup your MS-DOS.xml file if you have one. Make sure you have run the "Setup eXoDOS.bat" file or this plugin will fail. Place plugin in the Plugins folder of LaunchBox. The plugin should appear at the bottom of the tools menu. When you click on it, it wants you to select the root folder of the eXoDOS folder structure. This means the top folder, the one that houses the Setup eXoDOS.bat file. After that it will go through the Games/!dos folder to find all your games and it will import them into LaunchBox. This takes a bit. For some reason when I was generating the xml file without the plugin system it worked in about 20 seconds. However using the IGame add new game function, it takes a couple of hours for my 5094 games. I would suggest running this at night. 

To do: 

Import images. Does anyone know a quick and easy way to detect where the LaunchBox install is? There I could find the correct folders to place images in. My other option is to have a second File Dialog Box that lets you select your LaunchBox install folder. I will only be importing front and back images. 

Make this run as a separate thread. I made a BackgroundWorker and made a delegate to run the IGame add new game in the background, but it did not seem to work. Any hints?

Make a progress bar. The video that the LaunchBox creator did shows how to control a gui through a theme, but I can't figure out how to make a progress bar on its own. Any hints?

eXoDosImport.dll

• Like 5

Izegod    45

Neat.

If you use Application.StartupPath from within your plugin, it should return the LaunchBox path.

syntax_X    45

Should work with the images in my tutorial, and also should work with the Win3x0 collection as the file structure is the same.

Will test tonight and if it's ok with you ill swap the first half of the tutorial for your plugin. :)

Nice work getting the game info imported, now we have a complete import!

Edited by syntax_X
  • Like 1

"work with the Win3x0 collection"   Hello! what is the Win3x0 Collection ? is like exodos?

have you got more information? THANKS!

MiraiKuma    6

@FistyDollars Probably not. If I end up downloading Win3xO I'll do it, but Unless you can point me into some good 3.0 games I doubt I will.

djarthur78    0
On 2017-7-11 at 10:27 AM, syntax_X said:

Should work with the images in my tutorial, and also should work with the Win3x0 collection as the file structure is the same.

Will test tonight and if it's ok with you ill swap the first half of the tutorial for your plugin. :)

Nice work getting the game info imported, now we have a complete import!

Hi,

what (or where) is your tutorial on uploading the images?

Did it work for you with eXoDOS?

Thanks!!