LaunchBox Community Forums

While playing around with RetroArch 1.60 at work today, i threw this plugin together to quickly launch netplay sessions.

It works great in lan but i haven't tested it via WAN... you'll probably need a good connection for it to work decently over wan for now.

I haven't added the framesettings etc. yet, it's as simple as can be.

If you want to test it, make sure that the host and client both use the same core in retroarch and EXACTLY the same rom, retroarch will say nope otherwise :)

Here's a short video of me testing it locally with mk2(pool fatality, pit fatality, fatality!) f yeah :D :

If there's any interest i'll update this with more features and saving of the nickname etc.

LBP_SimpleRetroarchMultiplayer.dll

• Like 5

Really sweet idea! I guess it'd be better if it could be made to be more automatic if that makes sense?

Any update on this? This is one of the big issues for me since I want to play Retro games with my friend in Texas, and I have set him up with LaunchBox and the games and its nice and easy for him, but the Netplay just is a hassle. 

Netplay with Retroarch is something I believe @Jason Carr has planned for this next round of updates for the next official build. Of course I could be wrong and Jason could change is mind but I believe he mentioned that being next because it was the next most voted thing on the last poll.