LaunchBox Community Forums

7.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

I'm having a weird issue in Big Box where if I'm on a game that has a video, it plays fine, but if I then move to an adjacent game that doesn't have a video, the video from the previous game just continues to play.

EDIT: I was on beta-19, but updating to beta-21 seems to have fixed it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

For WEBM format videos, you'll have to install the K-Lite Codec pack. Just Google K-Lite Codec Pack.

I know that Windows Media Player doesn't support this format at all and will need this pack. VLC supposedly should support the format (and it works just fine with WEBM on my system), but I use Windows Media Player anyway (and I have the codecs installed). This is a third party source, so if you want to use Media Player, download the pack at your own risk.

Thanks for the info. I'd rather stick to VLC since WMP isn't really well-supported on Windows 10, especially if I have to download mysterious codec packs :P

Just tried it with Launchbox 7.11 beta 21 and the webm videos still don't work *in full screen* with VLC. It actually seems like the videos get paused right away when I enter full screen. I can briefly see the text change from "Stop video" (i.e. video is playing) to "Play video" (i.e. video is paused) before it displays a full black screen with no audio.

10 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I'm having a weird issue in Big Box where if I'm on a game that has a video, it plays fine, but if I then move to an adjacent game that doesn't have a video, the video from the previous game just continues to play.

EDIT: I was on beta-19, but updating to beta-21 seems to have fixed it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup, this was fixed on a previous beta. :)

2 hours ago, Bezier89 said:

Thanks for the info. I'd rather stick to VLC since WMP isn't really well-supported on Windows 10, especially if I have to download mysterious codec packs :P

Just tried it with Launchbox 7.11 beta 21 and the webm videos still don't work *in full screen* with VLC. It actually seems like the videos get paused right away when I enter full screen. I can briefly see the text change from "Stop video" (i.e. video is playing) to "Play video" (i.e. video is paused) before it displays a full black screen with no audio.

I have heard about some issues with full screen VLC video playback recently, but was unable to reproduce. It makes sense that it might have something to do with webm though, since I don't have any in my collection. I won't delay the release over this, but that is good to know, at least. :)

• 3 weeks later...

In the moment there is a problem with Big Box and fullscreen videos of the games. In the detail view of a game, the video is playing correctly. But after select showing the video in fullscreen, the screen is just black. I'm using the latest beta of LaunchBox and Big Box.

19 hours ago, DFelten said:

In the moment there is a problem with Big Box and fullscreen videos of the games. In the detail view of a game, the video is playing correctly. But after select showing the video in fullscreen, the screen is just black. I'm using the latest beta of LaunchBox and Big Box.

@DFelten Do you have Auto Play Videos checked under Options > View in Big Box?

On 10/3/2017 at 6:19 AM, DFelten said:

Perhaps you're hitting https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3311/webm-steam-videos-wont-play

I have heard this quite a bit lately, but I haven't been able to reproduce it for whatever reason. It's odd that it's affecting both WMP and VLC for some users. The setting I listed above was supposedly the problem for one person, but apparently not here. It's definitely on my list; it's just going to take some sleuthing to figure out exactly what's going on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4.10.2017 at 9:02 PM, Jason Carr said:

I have heard this quite a bit lately, but I haven't been able to reproduce it for whatever reason. It's odd that it's affecting both WMP and VLC for some users. The setting I listed above was supposedly the problem for one person, but apparently not here. It's definitely on my list; it's just going to take some sleuthing to figure out exactly what's going on.

Thanks, yeah it's strange because the videos work in the background.