LaunchBox Community Forums

7.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Just now, Jason Carr said:

The bug was being hit when the CoverFlow reflection opacity was set to zero. You guys may find that performance is plenty good enough now and you can turn it back on.

Ah, yes that explains it, i had turned it down to zero to hopefully improve performance and never changed it when i decided it wasn't up to the performance of the wheels.

• Like 1

@Jason Carr, just got this error when going into bigbox options in order to quit bigbox.

Unable to return a TimeSpan property value for a Duration value of 'Automatic'. Check the HasTimeSpan property before requesting the TimeSpan property value from a Duration.

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.11-beta-12
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    System.TimeSpan get_TimeSpan()
Source:  PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Duration.get_TimeSpan()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.MediaTrack.SetupStoryboard()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.MediaTrack.OnMediaOpened(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.AVElementHelper.OnMediaOpened(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Media.UniqueEventHelper.InvokeEvents(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Media.UniqueEventHelper.InvokeEvents(Object sender, EventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaEventsHelper.OnMediaPrerolled(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

12:48:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:48:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:48:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:48:56 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:48:56 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:48:56 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:48:56 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:48:56 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:48:57 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:48:59 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:00 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:00 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:00 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:00 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:07 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:07 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:08 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:37 PM Music.Initialize Start
   12:49:37 Music.Kill Start
   12:49:37 Music.Kill Finished
   12:49:41 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:43 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:48 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:48 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:48 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:48 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:48 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:51 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:52 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:52 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:52 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:52 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:53 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:55 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:57 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:57 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   12:49:57 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   12:49:57 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   12:49:57 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   12:49:58 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   12:49:58 PM Exception

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

That's on me, a bug in the video plugin used in criticalzone v2. I'll look into it this evening. Can you force it to replicate, or does it appear random?

Well it only happened the once, as i was going to the options to quit anyway, but ill have have a look and see if i can replicate it. All i did was use the back button on my controller to go into the options.

2 hours ago, eatkinola said:

That's on me, a bug in the video plugin used in criticalzone v2. I'll look into it this evening. Can you force it to replicate, or does it appear random?

Been playing around off and on this afternoon and haven't been able to reproduce it once, so i guess i just got really unlucky earlier when i hit it.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Been playing around off and on this afternoon and haven't been able to reproduce it once, so i guess i just got really unlucky earlier when i hit it.

Thanks Neil. I'm still gonna look into it and try to prevent or trap that exception so it doesn't cause an error message. I'm glad it's not occurring that often, however. Thanks again for reporting it.

Thanks for the latest beta and the possibility to search for alternate names of games.

The alternate names seems to work in the beta when searching manually for a title. But when importing multiple games to the list only the english names are searched. Also it's not possible to show the alternate names in the game list. I would like to display the German titles and not the English :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DFelten said:

Thanks for the latest beta and the possibility to search for alternate names of games.

The alternate names seems to work in the beta when searching manually for a title. But when importing multiple games to the list only the english names are searched. Also it's not possible to show the alternate names in the game list. I would like to display the German titles and not the English :)

I would also love the ability to specifically decide which title and corresponding artwork to display for a given game.

For example, there's Tapper and Root Beer Tapper. If I want to display Root Beer Tapper for the name and the artwork for that specific variation, being able to indicate that in the Edit dialogue box would be super useful. You could also do that for regional variations (i.e. display the Japanese version of a title).

Basically, just a dropdown menu in the Edit window linked to the parent and corresponding clones, and you select the preferred version.

Only problem is, you would need a mechanism in the database for being able to tag specific artwork files to specific versions (i.e. this advertisement flyer is for Root Beer Tapper and not Tapper). And of course, people would need to use it :)

Beta 13 is finally out guys, with some important new improvements. There are two new keyboard and controller button mappings for starting attract mode on demand, as well as spinning the wheel while a particular button or key is pressed, which makes for a fun way to randomly choose a game.

More importantly though we have more performance improvements, specifically regarding general browsing and navigation. Transitions when switching between games and platforms should be significantly smoother. :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3