LaunchBox Community Forums

7.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Got (and have been getting) this error every few times I run LaunchBox/BigBox. But it doesn't happen every time... Any idea what's causing it?

https://pastebin.com/raw/MVn7DpZN

Also pasted below

An item with the same key has already been added.App: LaunchBoxVersion: 7.11-beta-16Type: System.ArgumentExceptionSite: Void ThrowArgumentException(System.ExceptionResource)Source: mscorlibat System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)at ()at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.FieldComparisonTypes.InitializeDictionary()at (String )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.FieldComparisonTypes.GetIsValidComparisonKey(String key)at (PlaylistFilter , Game )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.PlaylistFilter.GetMatches(Game game)at (Playlist , Boolean )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.GetGames(Boolean sort)at (Playlist , Boolean , Boolean )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.GetGameCount(Boolean includeHidden, Boolean includeBroken)at (<>cDisplayClass63_0 )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Root.<>cDisplayClass63_0.<PrecachePlaylists>b__0()at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()Recent Log:8:47:43 AM Exception

On 9/1/2017 at 0:40 AM, DFelten said:

These examples are now working :) But with this example not: Pokemon Rot (D).gb

An option to choose the language for the title would be also great. Now the game is found, but the English title appears.

@DFelten We dove into the details of all this in the live stream from last week:

It's complicated and can be messy because of the rough title matching required, and we can only dive in so deep without creating performance issues. So, I think we're going to leave it as-is at this point. Per the actual title that is used on the game, I agree that it would be nice to have the option there, though it probably won't make it into the next official release. :)

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 6:56 AM, MrAwesomeFalcon said:

Got (and have been getting) this error every few times I run LaunchBox/BigBox. But it doesn't happen every time... Any idea what's causing it?

https://pastebin.com/raw/MVn7DpZN

Also pasted below

An item with the same key has already been added.App: LaunchBoxVersion: 7.11-beta-16Type: System.ArgumentExceptionSite: Void ThrowArgumentException(System.ExceptionResource)Source: mscorlibat System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)at ()at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.FieldComparisonTypes.InitializeDictionary()at (String )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.FieldComparisonTypes.GetIsValidComparisonKey(String key)at (PlaylistFilter , Game )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.PlaylistFilter.GetMatches(Game game)at (Playlist , Boolean )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.GetGames(Boolean sort)at (Playlist , Boolean , Boolean )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.GetGameCount(Boolean includeHidden, Boolean includeBroken)at (<>cDisplayClass63_0 )at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Root.<>cDisplayClass63_0.<PrecachePlaylists>b__0()at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()Recent Log:8:47:43 AM Exception

@MrAwesomeFalcon Thanks for the report; I've fixed this for the next beta (which should be beta 18. I just put out beta 17 with a hopeful fix for some of the Big Box video issues I introduced in the 7.11 betas. I'm hoping that the video issues are fixed so we can look into actually putting out a release. :)

• Like 2

Hey all, beta 19 is out. I'm considering this the release candidate for the official 7.11 release, which I'm hoping to put out tomorrow. However, there is still one outstanding issue that @LukeArio is experiencing that I have not been able to reproduce to save my life:

If anyone else is experiencing any video issues with this latest beta, please let me know. :)

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright lol, one last new beta is out that finally fixes the video issue that @LukeArio was having; it was apparently related to gif images, believe it or not. We're good to go for release tomorrow as far as I can tell. :)

Good to hear you finally sorted it out. Looking forward to the new release @Jason Carr

Just now, LukeArio said:

Wait @Jason Carr, there's one more little bug I'm having. If a gif image is set to be a background image, it won't show up in the background of a game anymore. I have my background image priorities set up a bit differently so if I don't have a proper fanart png/jpg, I use a gameplay image instead.

2017-09-13.png

Yes, this is a known issue. Gif images will not show up in Big Box unless used as animations for themes. I might come back to this soon, but I don't consider it to be a major issue in the mean time, as gifs are not commonly used for anything but animations (and it doesn't really make sense to do so as compared to png or jpg images).

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, this is a known issue. Gif images will not show up in Big Box unless used as animations for themes. I might come back to this soon, but I don't consider it to be a major issue in the mean time, as gifs are not commonly used for anything but animations (and it doesn't really make sense to do so as compared to png or jpg images).

Ah I understand. I'll just take some new screenshots for myself then :)

1 hour ago, Bezier89 said:

Since you mentioned VLC issues, I'm hitting this:

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3311/webm-steam-videos-wont-play

I've only tested with LaunchBox 7.10, though. I'll see if I can test with the beta when I get a chance. Don't let it hold up the release, just thought I'd put it on your radar. Looking forward to 7.11!

For WEBM format videos, you'll have to install the K-Lite Codec pack. Just Google K-Lite Codec Pack.

I know that Windows Media Player doesn't support this format at all and will need this pack. VLC supposedly should support the format (and it works just fine with WEBM on my system), but I use Windows Media Player anyway (and I have the codecs installed). This is a third party source, so if you want to use Media Player, download the pack at your own risk.

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT