LaunchBox Community Forums

Mageslayer needs dos prompt but incompatable with dosbox

heartofdestany

3 minutes ago, syntax_X said:

Dosbox can be a bit tricky, I had to use START in the batch to avoid a CMD confict. 
But it worked when you used dosboxportable as an additional app so it should of worked. 

I changed it back to the way I had it before and it's throwing the same error

Its something you've done then :P

get it working the way you had it then try the batch again, you can test it by opening the game then manually starting the .bat
It shoud tell you its monitoring magslay.exe, then try closing magslay and dosboxportable should close with it.

All I can suggest to edit with that .bat is increase the first timeout to about 4-5.

2 seconds is a bit fast

do this

Make a shortcut for dosboxportable.exe call it MageSlayer and keep it in the portable folder.
make the shortcut target

"D:\Games\Mageslayer\DOSBoxPortable\DOSBoxPortable.exe " "D:\Games\Mageslayer\mageslay.exe"

Edit the first path in the batch file to 

D:\Games\Mageslayer\DOSBoxPortable\MageSlayer.lnk

(maybe remove start)

Edited by syntax_X

I think I sorted it out, I remembered I had a similar problem with diablo 2, so I did what I did with that and I think it worked.

In case anyone wanted to know how I got it to work, I made a shortcut to the game with -w -nofixaspect added to target in properties and then launched it direct from the shortcut.

I have no idea now why dosbox helped at all ever. Sorry for wasting your time everybody.