Butcher
Odallus: The Dark Call
Megarace 1+2
Blood 2
Rune Classic
Might & Magic 7
Might & Magic 8
Gabriel Knight 2
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate (already have it on Steam, but it was $4 and I love DA:O)

• Like 1

I picked up Shadow Warrior 2 a couple days ago and it's been really great so far. It surprised me how much Borderlands is in its DNA - you level up and allocate skill points, there are a lot of different weapons and each weapon has gem slots and you pickup gems from enemies that will augment them in any number of ways like adding elemental damage, making projectiles bounce/explode/pierce, wield the gun akimbo etc. and between missions you have a central hub with NPCs where you can pickup side quests. The combat is really good, especially melee combat. It's incredibly visceral and fun. I've got about 8 hours in it at this point and the completion percentage is something like 30ish percent.

• Like 1

Just now, neil9000 said:

Well i have never had a arcade stick but i desperately want one for mame, so you would both recommend the Mayflash F300 then? May have to look into that.  

Yeah, for sure. It's a really good price for a good stick that's compatible with several consoles in addition to PC. It works great with MAME and just emulators in general - it has switches for dinput or xinput so if you set it to xinput it'll function just like a normal 360 controller. I did a lot of research and shopping around before I landed on the F300 and I'm really happy with it.

Just now, Zombeaver said:

Yeah, for sure. It's a really good price for a good stick that's compatible with several consoles in addition to PC. It works great with MAME and just emulators in general - it has switches for dinput or xinput so if you set it to xinput it'll function just like a normal 360 controller. I did a lot of research and shopping around before I landed on the F300 and I'm really happy with it.

I have just looked it up on amazon, and i actually looked at that one before but was a bit wary as it was so cheap (currently £49 but was closer to £30 the last time i looked) Thats the one that i can plug a ps4 controller into it and it would work on my consoles as well right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Thats the one that i can plug a ps4 controller into it and it would work on my consoles as well right?

Yep, that's correct. It works on on PS3, PS4, Xbone, 360 and PC (and apparently Android?) - for PS4, Xbone and 360 you have to have the relevant controller plugged into the USB port on the front. For PS3 or PC you just plug it in.

• Like 2

Just now, Patham said:

Definitely, it's a great stick. For about $60 here in the U.S. it's a bargain.

Like you, I always wanted an arcade stick but being on a fixed income and limited budget the prices of some of these are up there. The F300 has been more than worth the price for me.

Yeah same as, tight budget. I looked at a load of them and most of them seemed to be in the £100-£200 range and that is out of my budget, but i could deal with £50 especially if i can use it on consoles as well. 

1 minute ago, Zombeaver said:

Yep, that's correct. It works on on PS3, PS4, Xbone, 360 and PC (and apparently Android?) - for PS4, Xbone and 360 you have to have the relevant controller plugged into the USB port on the front. For PS3 or PC you just plug it in.

Yeah well i have those consoles so therefore the controllers, so that could be a good solution rather than getting one for pc/xbox and something else for ps4 i could just get the one stick and use it for everything.

Thanks for the info guys, im gonna have to seriously consider getting one. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombeaver said:

I picked up Shadow Warrior 2 a couple days ago and it's been really great so far. It surprised me how much Borderlands is in its DNA - you level up and allocate skill points, there are a lot of different weapons and each weapon has gem slots and you pickup gems from enemies that will augment them in any number of ways like adding elemental damage, making projectiles bounce/explode/pierce, wield the gun akimbo etc. and between missions you have a central hub with NPCs where you can pickup side quests. The combat is really good, especially melee combat. It's incredibly visceral and fun. I've got about 8 hours in it at this point and the completion percentage is something like 30ish percent.

I have Shadow Warrior 2 on my PC somewhere. I only played the tutorial section of it really and forgot about it. I know people really dig it though so i should probably go back to it at some point.

• Like 1

Just now, neil9000 said:

I have Shadow Warrior 2 on my PC somewhere. I only played the tutorial section of it really and forgot about it. I know people really dig it though so i should probably go back to it at some point.

I've really been enjoying it. It wasn't really on my radar but I read some reviews where people were mentioning RPG elements and loot and I was like "Wait...what?".

It also resulted in my wife unintentionally (but justifiably) indicting most modern shooters when she walked into the room and said "This is... very colorful for a shooty game" hahaha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zombeaver said:

"This is... very colorful for a shooty game" hahaha

Lol, you playing with mouse and keyboard or a controller? When i played it i used a controller (as i always do if i can, my pc is connected to my TV) But found it a little sluggish. Obviously i could turn up the sensitivity, but that can cause issues with very accurate aiming, as i always end up overshooting where i was trying to aim at. Might have to take the wireless mouse and keyboard to it.

• Like 1

First person shooters are to be played with mouse and keyboard only. This is basically rule numero uno in the PC gamer bible. Only savages use a controller in an FPS.

mouse1.jpg

lol. OK no point asking you then. :) I actually can and do use both, but if a FPS is properly designed to use a controller i am more than happy to use it. Obviously a mouse and keyboard is more precise when sitting at a desk, but i am on a couch about 6 foot from the screen and using m/k there is a bit of a faff and not very comfortable. Also i played FPS's on consoles before i ever played one on PC so i am very comfortable with it. Although i am one of those "inverted aim people". :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

if a FPS is properly designed to use a controller i am more than happy to use it

You should try something like this:

I've played FPSs since Wolfenstein 3D. There were none on console to speak of other than awful ports of PC games like Wolfenstein and Doom. From Quake onwards mouse and keyboard was basically the only way to go; anything else is objectively worse in terms of accuracy and control. If a controller is the only control method available for an FPS, I won't play it.

• Like 1

You should try something like this:

I've played FPSs since Wolfenstein 3D. There were none on console to speak of other than awful ports of PC games like Wolfenstein and Doom. From Quake onwards mouse and keyboard was basically the only way to go; anything else is objectively worse in terms of accuracy and control. If a controller is the control method available for an FPS, I won't play it.

lol, yeah i have seen that video before, crazy. It's probably just my gaming trajectory cause i never had a pc until early to mid 2000's, i actually had to learn how to play half-life and deus ex as i had never actually used a mouse before at that point. But i had been using controllers since the nes, so that was second nature to me. Horses for courses though, and options is always a good thing.