LaunchBox Community Forums
lfan

[Problem] Update Metadata

two things, how long ago did you add the game? it has to pass moderation and then get pushed to the server once a day

the other thing I have encounterd if you game already is linked to a wiki id it wont download the files.

Right click the file, go to edit, up the top right if there is a wiki id - delete it and search for meta data. You can then make the link to the db

don't forget to press ok, I think its a bug really that if you download the images they don't save unless you exit out with the ok button at the end.

No, it's common that if you make changes and then click Cancel in a window that it undoes those changes. Clicking ok is the only way to "accept" the changes. I've used Cancel to my benefit several times. Otherwise, yes, it does need to pass and then be pushed to the server, and it needs to be attached to the LBGDB already or not be attached to Wikipedia (I don't use Wikipedia at all anymore). Don't forget too, once it gets to the server, you then have to update the Metadata file, which is done through LB. If you're trying to update a game that is already attached to the database, unattach it and click search. It will then prompt you to update. You can also just press Search on a game that's not attached.

The LaunchBox database link was found and the metadata and the images were updated. Maybe a delay on server.

Why the space between paragraphs is filled with this characters: &#x0D ?

Battle_Frenzy_Descricao.jpg

Thanks for all replies!

That's a formatting problem that got translated, and that was how it was expressed. The page needs to be edited for those to be removed, then you'd remove that part of the metadata and re-scrape that game.