LaunchBox Community Forums

BIGFLIX: A new user experience for your HTPC

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

What are you saying was taken from you??

What? I uploaded them for whoever wants them. They are in the downloads section. I saw them being used here and offered to help by providing the PSD files so someone could adjust them to whatever size fits this theme instead of being stuck with images at 1920x1080 and dealing with aspect ratios. The theme creator doesn't want them so fine. Less work for me. I don't use this theme so if they want to create their own images and what not that's up to them. Doesn't bother me one bit.

51 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

What? I uploaded them for whoever wants them. They are in the downloads section. I saw them being used here and offered to help by providing the PSD files so someone could adjust them to whatever size fits this theme instead of being stuck with images at 1920x1080 and dealing with aspect ratios. The theme creator doesn't want them so fine. Less work for me. I don't use this theme so if they want to create their own images and what not that's up to them. Doesn't bother me one bit.

There seems to be some miscommunication here, What I meant is I prefer not to bundle someone's else work into my theme without their permission to avoid any issues that may result from this action.

I never said I wasn't interested in your work as I have used your images to demo my theme. As a matter of fact, I mentioned that I will credit you for using your images to demo my theme and also offered you to provide a download link of your fanart page in my theme page to direct people to download your work if they liked what they saw.

Whether you use my theme or not is up to you but I just wanted to clear things up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Klopjero said:

fixed

creatronic megaduck.png

commodore 64.png

commodore vic 20.png

sharp x68000.png

Thank you Klop, I'll add them tonight to BIGFLIX 1.1 and reupload the theme along with the updated theme page.

How's the theme so far with you? Spotted any bugs or have suggestions for improvements? I can apply a quick fix since I'm going to reupload the theme again :)

1 minute ago, Klopjero said:

Yes I am.. have you seen the other banners further up the thread ? msx etc.

Yeah I've seen them all thank you again for the hard work! 

The MSX, wonderswan, etc are part of the main platforms. If you go to my theme folder and have a look at platform playlists and category they have different systems than the ones posted here such as Midway classics, Namco classics, etc

I believe most of the platform systems are covered right? What are the missing system platforms in your to do list klop?

14 minutes ago, SNAK3ATER said:

Yeah I've seen them all thank you again for the hard work! 

The MSX, wonderswan, etc are part of the main platforms. If you go to my theme folder and have a look at platform playlists and category they have different systems than the ones posted here such as Midway classics, Namco classics, etc

I believe most of the platform systems are covered right? What are the missing system platforms in your to do list klop?

Console wise I think we're missing Amstrad GX4000. or are you missing more? console wise I mean.. not playlistst, not handhelds, or computers... if you have suggestions on what we're in need of then thats appreciated,.. and I havent forgotten about the streaming services. 

how is this for a platform category banner ? if youré akoy with it I will do the others in the same style.. if you don't want to shine through I could do it a solid color or photograph.

computers.png

23 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

Console wise I think we're missing Amstrad GX4000. or are you missing more? console wise I mean.. not playlistst, not handhelds, or computers... if you have suggestions on what we're in need of then thats appreciated,.. and I havent forgotten about the streaming services. 

how is this for a platform category banner ? if youré akoy with it I will do the others in the same style.. if you don't want to shine through I could do it a solid color or photograph.

computers.png

Currently I'm at work so I'll provide you with missing platforms (if any) once I get back home.

For the platform categories I'll leave the creative freedom to you my friend as I like your style and choice of backgrounds on previous platform banners 

34 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Awesome :D about to set up the theme here soon.  Curious all the platform, Catogory, Playlist banners will they be made into a pack on the download page.  

They will all be bundled and properly named into the theme when I will reupload Bigflix 1.1 and update the theme download page tonight with proper documentation & media.

Due to my crappy internet last week I decided to only upload Bigflix 1.1 and Bigflix Plus 1.1 for people to try so you can consider them as a beta test for people to report any bugs they find or have suggestions to improve the theme.

So once again I'll say if anyone spotted any bugs or have a suggestion regarding the update please let me know today and I'll try to apply a quick fix otherwise I'll look into fixing any issues/bugs in Bigflix 1.2

Edited by SNAK3ATER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I just noticed that my theme was featured by @ETAPRIME on one of the videos at the official Unbroken Software channel. However, the version showcased was BIGFLIX 1.0 rather than the latest build:

I do not blame anyone as this was my fault for not updating the theme page with the correct files and information, as an apology for my half-baked lazy attempt at updating the theme download page I present you with:

BIGFLIX and BIGFLIX PLUS 1.2!

Both themes have been updated to version 1.2 and with them comes new features and overhauls to BIGFLIX experience, please find below a changlog of BIGFLIX 1.2:

Spoiler

It's all about new Theme Artworks and Plugins support!

• New: Added more platform banners by the talented @Klopjero to raise the supported systems to more than 100 custom banners including futureproof consoles such as Nintendo Switch and Sony Playstation 4
  • New: Added over 100 platform clear logo for the new Platform Text View that was introduced in BIGFLIX PLUS v1.1
  • Fix: Added ActivePlatform and ActiveGame properties when appropriate for a smoother and faster browsing experience. The themes should have less stuttering compared to previous releases
  • Fix: Naming conventions for some platforms were wrong which resulted in no artwork displayed for those platforms. Both themes have the correct naming conventions so no more missing artwork
  • Overhaul: BIGFLIX PLUS now supports weather and time plugin by @Grila, as well as, Centered Listbox Selection across various supported views! (Credits for the plugins goes to @Grila)
  • Overhaul: BIGFLIX PLUS now shows Total Games in all platform views (Thanks to @NJDave71 for his HelperControl plugin)
  • Overhaul: Applied polish and nifty little details in every existing views for a better user experience 

2018 UI Overhaul!

• New: Introducing BIGFLIX PLUS, a theme variation of Bigflix created for the community using their feedback (i.e. keeping the original aspect ratios of videos and wallpapers, removing timer/buffer animations, fixing boxart overlapping for odd systems (PSX), and many more! ).
  • New: Bigflix Themed Custom platform banners recreated faithfully by the talented @Klopjero All credits goes to his amazing work!
  • New: Platform wheel 1 completely redesigned to match Netflix's 2018 Smart TV Homescreen.
  • New: A brand new platform view created for lovers of fullscreen videos rising the total number of platform views into 4 for this update.
  • New: A brand new Wall view added loaded with features for HTPC owners!
  • New: Community Ratings has been added that faithfully matches the new Matching algorithm of Netflix. Game views will alternate between User star rating and community ratings for each selected title.
  • New: Added more user options for Platform Text View, users can now add custom platform fanart and/or platform clear logo to customize the view to their liking. The view will automatically retrieve random game fanart related to the selected platform title if no custom artworks were found. 
  • Fix: Image cutouts in platform text view is fixed and will scale properly to its original aspect ratio
  • Fix: Platform banners spacing overlap now fixed in all platform views 
  • Overhaul: BIGFLIX PLUS now shows video snaps in their original aspect ratio and applies a blurring effect in the background that enhances the overall look and legibility of the theme
  • Overhaul: Removed the buffering animations for both BIGFLIX and BIGFLIX PLUS and speed up the transitions for a more smoother experience 
  • Overhaul: BIGFLIX PLUS - Edited the Boxart view to be compatible with odd boxed platforms like PSX (no overlapping boxarts)
  • Overhaul: Added white frame that highlight the selected platform banner to enhance the user quality of life experience 
  • Overhaul: Applied polish and nifty little details in every existing views for a better user experience 

The theme download page was also updated accordingly with the latest information and files so no more lazy documentation and user confusion this time around ?

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this project and special thanks goes to @Klopjero for his amazing custom platform banners (more than 100 systems supported with latest update), @Grila and @NJDave71 for their plugins featured in BIGFLIX PLUS 1.2, and to @eatkinola@CriticalCid and @Maddoc1007 for their tips and support in xaml coding

Next stop: RetrAO Cafe 2.0

• Like 4