LaunchBox Community Forums

Aeon Nox

NJDave71

Sorry I am not familiar with the specs of a 4k monitor.  I know it's 16:10 throws off the spacing.  

If I can emulate different ratios I will see what I can do to address future releases 

Thanks and sorry I cannot help perhaps someone in our community can advise 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A huge thank you to @keltoigael  for the incredible contribution and work on the Aeon Nox Theme.  So much was added that it's now Aeon Nox Redux. 

If you have already liked and downloaded the Original Aeon Nox, then this is the update you have been waiting for.    

Follow the link and please like us again. :D

Happy Gaming....

Edited by NJDave71
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ALIE said:

Awesome does this by any chance include any of the DPI fixes? 

Unfortunately I don't have a 4k device to test this  we moved and re positioned some of the images and changed font sizes.  I use LCD Monitor 1920 X 1080 so i don't encounter DPI issues .    I will hook this up to my big screen TV over the weekend and run some tests.   thanks for the feedback.

Edited by NJDave71

• 3 months later...

I revamped the theme images in order to address the opacity issues.  The images were allowing too much background to bleed through and making it difficult to read the scrolling text, weather and time.  this release should address that.  this gave me the opportunity to add a new  property that @Jason Carr has given us in 8.0 beta.  Community Star Rating with user rating fallback.  

I fixed a minor issue with the way the Notes was parsed by adding code to handle tabs, white space and multi lines.   a new method has been added to get the Total Games Count.   the platform views show Total Games Count for Category, Platforms and playlists.

I have received a few requests to add the Background video that @keltoigael created.  I have replaced the fan art with the video (Platform view 2 and Horizontal game view 3).  Game views now show the last played date and Play Count.   

Happy Gaming

• Like 2

Getting a fatal error that crashes launchbox :( 

(Inner Exception)

Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.16
Type:    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Site:    System.String Substring(Int32, Int32)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at HelperControl.GetTotalGamesConverter.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValue(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
   at MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.NewValueAvailable(Boolean dependencySourcesChanged, Boolean initialValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
   at MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.UpdateSourceValueState(Int32 k, ICollectionView collectionView, Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
   at MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.OnSourcePropertyChanged(Object o, String propName)
   at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.ListenerList`1.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e, Type managerType)
   at System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventManager.OnPropertyChanged(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at Caliburn.Micro.PropertyChangedBase.OnPropertyChanged(PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at Caliburn.Micro.XamlPlatformProvider.<>c__DisplayClass8_1.<OnUIThread>b__0()

(Outer Exception)

An error occurred while dispatching a call to the UI Thread

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.16
Type:    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Site:    Void OnUIThread(System.Action)
Source:  Caliburn.Micro.Platform

at Caliburn.Micro.XamlPlatformProvider.OnUIThread(Action action)
   at Caliburn.Micro.PropertyChangedBase.NotifyOfPropertyChange(String propertyName)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.FiltersViewModelBase.set_DetailsViewModel(FilterDetailsViewModel value)
   at (PlatformFiltersViewModelBase , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.<SelectionChangedTimerElapsed>b__11_0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

12:34:03 PM Music.Resume Start
   12:34:05 PM Music.Pause Start
   12:34:05 PM Music.Resume Start
   12:34:06 PM Exception

I haven't encounter that error in my testing  but I think I know what's causing it... I Will look at that when I get home and put out a fix.

1  Are you using the latest LB beta 8.0?  it says Version 7.16 in the log. 
2. the new community Star Rating will not display.
3. What is your starting view set to when you launch Big Box (Platforms.. Playlist..)?  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NJDave71 said:

I haven't encounter that error in my testing  but I think I know what's causing it... I Will look at that when I get home and put out a fix.

1  Are you using the latest LB beta 8.0?  it says Version 7.16 in the log. 
2. the new community Star Rating will not display.
3. What is your starting view set to when you launch Big Box (Platforms.. Playlist..)?  

I just tried it on 8.0 beta 2, working fine here.