LaunchBox Community Forums

Request: Wrestling playlist theme video and logo

1 hour ago, heelsinc said:

any update :D

I've still got one coming for ya. Haven't had a lot of time to devote to it the past week, but I have made some progress. I'll load a clip later today. I'm still unsure about it, though. I want to incorporate Los Luchadores wrestling into it, as well, but not sure how it fits overall. You'll have to see.

Also still not sure how I want to display the gameplay clips... or how to get the spotlight to work how I want it to, so might have to give up on that bit of it.

So this is what I've got so far. This is cached at half resolution since it would have taken too long to cache at full, but I think it gives a good gist. Because it's just cache, there is a little warping/skipping in the audio/video, but they won't be there once rendered.

I'm still not sure on this, but I'm going to use the belt to feature the gameplay clips. I figure there tons of wrestling games, so I'm going to use all five "squares" on the belt. I thought it would be cool to transition to a Los Luchadores style about midway through, so the flag transitions to Mexico's and then I switched to a theme song for a Mexican tag team duo (OGT), but not sure I like it. Should I just keep it American wrestling? I don't know.

I'm also going to drop the light rigging fixtures if I can't get the lights to interact correctly with the belt, but I haven't started that yet, so they are still in there. Also still deciding on intro/transition stuff.

• Like 2

So I think a transition to a Japanese flag makes more sense as there are no games based on Mexican wrestling promotions but TONS of games from Japan.  So maybe with the us flag in the background play us based game videos then you can switch to the Japanese games.  I like the concept for sure.

Edited by heelsinc

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, heelsinc said:

:D  How's it coming?

haven't forgotten ya; just haven't had much time to devote to larger projects lately (usually need a few hours at a time to play around with things). I'll try and have it finished by Friday, but I think I might just leave it to American Wrestling (never could find anything appropriate sounding for Japanese wrestling).

No worries! For the playlists, I hope to make those more interesting than the game specific ones since I make them with longer run times.

I still have to get more gameplay clips for the video and I have to work the next few days (12hr shifts... yeck), but I should have this one ready by Monday/Tuesday at the latest.

I'm honestly not super happy with it, but I don't want to start all over either. In any case, hopefully it will look good in your collection, but if it's not, no worries and I can try making a different one.

• 2 weeks later...