LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - Overall Problem with LaunchBox DB - Informational

GTXMike

Hi. My name is Mike. I purchased and started working with this software yesterday, love it its great and the whole idea is simply brilliant so thanks to devs and community for supporting this project. I do have a major problem though. As I want to act as a valued part of community, every time when Im adding something and it has wrong info / covers in DB or the game is missing completely I add it to the database. I added couple of games and some missing photos, after few hours they have been approved (received 3 votes), great! yeah? well no. For example. I added the game Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition on Windows with all the details and Box Cover Art, game was approved yet I still cant add  to my lunch box as every time I look for it it shows no results, any suggestions?

chrome_2017-06-26_15-15-34.png

LaunchBox_2017-06-26_15-17-47.png

• Like 1

Hi there and welcome to the community. This isn't actually a problem, see the actual launchbox database is only updated once a day, so if your submissions have been successful they will be rolled into the update for that day, i believe it is 12am US time, so if it was accepted today the info won't be available until tomorrow. Also you will have to update your local metadata, you can do this simply by trying to add a game with no current data, if there is new metadata to be downloaded you will be prompted to do so.

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hi there and welcome to the community. This isn't actually a problem, see the actual launchbox database is only updated once a day, so if your submissions have been successful they will be rolled into the update for that day, i believe it is 12am US time, so if it was accepted today the info won't be available until tomorrow. Also you will have to update your local metadata, you can do this simply by trying to add a game with no current data, if there is new metadata to be downloaded you will be prompted to do so.

Hope that helps. 

That helps a lot, Thought when accepted it enrolls in the DB. Update every 24 hours explains it all then. Thank you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

No probs, You are not the first to ask and surely won't be the last either. :) 

Is it written somewhere in FAQ? If not maybe we should start making one to avoid pointless posts lol like this one hehe.

• Like 2

LOL, it's not a pointless post it's a valid one. We are currently in the process of upgrading the backend of the database, and when that is all complete all that info will be readily available there for users to read through. But it's still a work in progress and i'm afraid i don't have a ETA for that at the moment, but rest assured it is planned. :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Just checking in, did you manage to grab the data you uploaded yesterday?

Yes it all works perfectly now. I managed to pull the stuff I added from DB no problem. Seeing it works great it only encourages me more to add new entries and mod existing ones. There is so many games without covers or wrong ones etc... wish could fix them all but will at least fix stuff I have.

• Like 1

• Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - Overall Problem with LaunchBox DB - Informational