LaunchBox Community Forums
angelobodetti

Apple II

MESS/MAME seems to work just fine with Apple IIe games. Also AppleWin is a very good emulator and is still getting regular updates. Be sure to use "-f -d1" for the default command-line parameters

Edited by bundangdon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The applewin default command line parameters that worked for me are "-no-printscreen-key -f -d1" This solves the common print screen problem and loads the games from disk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2017 at 8:01 PM, bundangdon said:

MESS/MAME seems to work just fine with Apple IIe games. Also AppleWin is a very good emulator and is still getting regular updates. Be sure to use "-f -d1" for the default command-line parameters

Note: This command line also works with (fixes the loading of) many games with ActiveGS emulator too.

When using the fullscreen command, how do you exit the emulator? The only way I can get it to close is by pressing the windows key and closing from outside of it.

Thanks!

I google searched the forums but I used "Apple II" as the search, not "Applewin". Thanks for the redirect on this old thread. Works like a charm!

• Game On 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

When using the fullscreen command, how do you exit the emulator? The only way I can get it to close is by pressing the windows key and closing from outside of it.

Thanks!

I just use the following in the "Running AutoHotKey Script" field, and press esc to exit: (and it seems to work fine)

; This section closes AppleWin when pressing Escape
 $Esc::
 {
     Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
 } 

Edited by bundangdon
  • Thanks 1