LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

When launchbox searches for meta data, I would love to be able to tell it to ignore part of the name that has the words 'Disk_1' or whatever I choose. I am currently renaming all my Amiga games with multiple disks, and its taking a while. 

13 minutes ago, Maul83 said:

When launchbox searches for meta data, I would love to be able to tell it to ignore part of the name that has the words 'Disk_1' or whatever I choose. I am currently renaming all my Amiga games with multiple disks, and its taking a while. 

If the Disk 1 is in brackets it will, so (Disc 1) will be ignored when scraping.

Hide Functionality made to System/Platform instead of just global

Ability to quick select games without XXX media, for example you are in Arcade, and you want to select all the games without s 3D Box, so you can send just them to scrape for new media, or to hide.. rather than having to scroll and ctrl click all the ones missing for said media.

Animated Gif support, for Clear Logos/Marquees/Banners

Edited by MadK9

10 hours ago, neil9000 said:

If the Disk 1 is in brackets it will, so (Disc 1) will be ignored when scraping.

Problem is, they are already not in brackets so I might as well just delete disk 1, scrape, which I have been doing but takes forever. Can I edit this somewhere, like an INI file, to ignore disk 1 without brackets? 

I would like to see more functionalities and an upgrade in the Database system. All the fields in Games DB should be aligned with Launchbox, some fields new a rework like Number of Players or Country, also would like to have controller type and some other things as an addition to this. Also setting the country to each artwork would be helpful. have a few more ideas for an overhaul there.

it would also be very helpful to have a upload link from Launchbox to GamesDB with fields and artworks because the plugin is sometimes really unstable and I assume there is a better and more fluently working integrated solution possible, like the community ratings and so on.

I am also missing a better Artwork audit functionality within Launchbox. something like the third party tools already can, but with a lot of hiccups. I am dreaming of choosing a system, than the game and style (Clear logos) and I can see all logos next to each other --> can easily add some or delete some, also reassign to another type of artwork or different country code (i.e. from North America to Japan). 

this would give LB/BB a better look and more potential in not having double or dribble time the same artwork in the system with slightly different MD5 hashes... saves space, makes all clearer, and more fancy.

also rethinking about the audit system of Games DB things would be good. a lot of strange stuff are now in the system as well.

All I want is native 4way/8way switching for servostik. No jumping through hoops or cobbled together solutions. Once LB/BB is updated to import current mame roms without missing any and databases are current of course. Then this could use that same database to auto switch 4/8 way.

Dont need it added "today" but certainly in the near future. :)

Edited by NIVO

54 minutes ago, NIVO said:

All I want is native 4way/8way switching for servostik. No jumping through hoops or cobbled together solutions. Once LB/BB is updated to import current mame roms without missing any and databases are current of course. Then this could use that same database to auto switch 4/8 way.

Dont need it added "today" but certainly in the near future. :)

That sounds like something that should be handled by MAME itself rather than a frontend in my opinion. Its also a very niche thing that would take away from regular development of features that the masses want.

• Like 1

No one is crapping on your idea just pointing out that it is a request for a feature that would benefit an extremely small amounts of the user base and thus there is a good chance that it will never be completed. Now if tomorrow 50 users were to post here saying they had servosticks than it might be a different story but that is highly unlikely to happen.

Launchbox technically already supports the Servostik and swapping between 4 way and 8 way, it just doesn't do it automatically and you would have to do some manual setup or you can setup 2 buttons on your control panel to toggle back and forth.

https://www.ultimarc.com/servostik.html

You can use the following information to setup additional apps:
To save some time you could set all your 4 way games to swap to 4 way mode and on exit to swap to 8 way. I believe there are far less 4 way games.

Running JoyTray from command line:
JoyTray.exe -servo [joy4way|joy8way]
(If using Ultrastik 360: JoyTray.exe -u360 [mouse|analog|joy8way|easyjoy8way|joy4way|djoy4way|rdjoy4way|joy2way|vjoy2way])
If you add an -exit argument the program will exit without staying resident. 
Until front-end developers add native support for the ServoStik, this is the way to automate switching. The front-end needs to be configured to run a command line before starting games eg:
JoyTray.exe -servo joy8way before all 8-way games
JoyTray.exe -servo joy4way before all 4-way games

Or you could setup a button with an AHK script to toggle or 2 buttons to switch modes, you just need to map F4 and F8; one for each mode.

JoyTray Hotkeys:
When resident: F4 switches to 4-way and F8 switches to 8-way.  You could assign I-PAC-connected controls to these keycodes. Maybe use I-PAC shifted codes.

• Like 1

Already asked in Retroarch forums but didn't get an answer.

Is it possible to have in Launchbox a "counter" to show how many minutes you played a game (steam style for example) ? I can see there is a "times" played only based on games launched times

Random Videos

For the videos (platforms and games) to use the same nomenclature as image media in the sense of - 01,-02, etc. So if for example I place in the Videos/Platform/ folder the videos NES-01.mpg and NES-02.mpg, they will get randomized in the main Platforms wheel every time the NES one is highlighted. 

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Random Videos

For the videos (platforms and games) to use the same nomenclature as image media in the sense of - 01,-02, etc. So if for example I place in the Videos/Platform/ folder the videos NES-01.mpg and NES-02.mpg, they will get randomized in the main Platforms wheel every time the NES one is highlighted. 

Not a bad idea at all.

• Thanks 1