LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

In BigBox you can set a controller button combo to exit your emulators which will work for the vast majority of emulators, though there may be some oddballs like ePSXe which requires an AHK script to help it along.

Edit:
In Controller Companion you can set per program profiles to do things if you need.

29 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

In BigBox you can set a controller button combo to exit your emulators which will work for the vast majority of emulators, though there may be some oddballs like ePSXe which requires an AHK script to help it along.

Edit:
In Controller Companion you can set per program profiles to do things if you need.

Im aware of this, its not working both the controller companion program profiles and the bigbox close program buttons dont work when both are enabled

16 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

On my HTPC where I use Controller Companion a lot I use Retroarch and ePSXe only.

What setup do u have for controller companion? do u also have  the bigbox auto controller close program enabled??

For me the bigbox auto controller closer only works for a handful of pc games, and dolphin. I tried using controller companion. It wasnt able to close any of my games with bigbox auto controller both enabled and disabled. 

Edited by yesno112233

My only feature request/issue is with the list view.

See the fields circled in red? I wish users had the option to disable/remove fields they don't want listed. I know you can move the fields around but when exiting Launchbox they don't stay where you left them and it defaults back to how they are circled in red.

I have uploaded two examples of what would be preferable or possible with my suggestion.

launchbox example.png

launchbox example 3.png

launchbox example 2.png

On 7/8/2017 at 2:29 PM, lordmonkus said:

I'll add it to the list.

Edit:
I combined it with another "List View" improvement suggestion and gave it a * since they went together well.

Thank you! I'd almost donate again for this feature to be added asap haha.

I spoke to @Jason Carr about this list today and he said he was going to have a look at it and see what in the list is actually relatively simple to implement. The list did grow to be fairly large so he is going to have to prioritize it based on demand and ease of implementation.

I have done all I can do at this point is nudge Jason in a direction I would like to see some improvements made to Launchbox.

Edit:
Any posts beyond this point with suggestions will not be added to the current list but feel free to post anyways and I will re-visit this thread at some point in the future when Jason gets a good amount of the things on the list checked off.

• Like 5

When viewing games under launchbox, I would like to have the option to choose the platform fan art background (or any platform specific art) instead of the game-specific fanart or clear logo.  For instance, under the background priorities, there is no option to choose platform fanart

Nice. Since I open almost everything throught LB with Rocketlauncher, its cool to be able to right click and select launch with to bypass Rocketlauncer if I want to. Not that I'll ever want to, but is still neat to have that feature to remind me of what a lot of people are missing without RL.

Edited by JaysArcade
Add sarcasm