LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

5 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

You've done one post here but I know your name from somewhere. I've always wondered what holding your drums feels like. Hmm. Are you from TiZ?

I have no idea what you're talking about! I'm sorry If my post overstepped for my first contribution, but I am eagerly diving into my emulation box configuration and those were the most urgent needs. 

2 minutes ago, Drumheld said:

If my post overstepped for my first contribution

You didn't.

And in response to your post I believe something like that is on the to-do list but no idea what sort of priority it might have and how much work it would take to do it. It would be nice though and I am fairly certain that RocketLauncher can cover those features if you really need them.

3 hours ago, Drumheld said:

I have no idea what you're talking about! I'm sorry If my post overstepped for my first contribution, but I am eagerly diving into my emulation box configuration and those were the most urgent needs. 

I was just saying that I've seen your username elsewhere. On another retro gaming site. In a slightly haphazard way.

I would like the ability to choose the audio device in bigbox as well as the monitor. I often run Bigbox on my second monitor, but in order to get audio I have to switch it in windows, which means I lose audio on my main monitor. Kodi does this very well by allowing you to specify the monitor and the audio device independently, so I can have a movie playing on monitor 2 while still having audio on monitor 1. This would be great if Bigbox could do the same.

I haven't used startup videos since I first tested the feature out  simply because you can't watch a video all ththe way through that is longer than your allowed time limit, and you can't press a key to stop the video short if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

would love this to be standard. Just get Rid of the different time options and just have two criteria: A- did video finish? Then start bigbox and B- did enter get pressed? Then stop video and start bigbox. It should be that simple .

Just put out beta 3 guys with the overhauled startup videos. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out:

- New Premium Feature: Big Box Startup videos have been overhauled to be run from within Big Box instead of launching VLC directly; videos will now automatically run for the full length of the video unless skipped with a key or button press

- New Premium Feature: Big Box now supports random startup videos as well; simply create a LaunchBox\Videos\Startup folder and drop all videos to be randomized inside

I'd really like to see a %rompath% function added, similar to the current %romfile% function, except that it only injects the path to the rom, rather than including the rom file in it.

I've had this ongoing PCSX2 config project that I've been working on for about a week now. I use per-game custom configs for all of my PS2 games because there isn't a one-size-fits-all setting solution for games in PCSX2. These configs can be specified via the command-line. The format for this is --cfg="[path\to\config]". I have the configs for each game placed in a folder named after the game which also contains the disc image(s).

Since these have to be specified for each game, each game has to be edited in LB with custom command-line parameters. For example:

--fullscreen --nogui --cfg="X:\Emulation\PS2\Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence"

If a %rompath% function were added, no custom parameters would be needed for each game. You could just have default parameters of --fullscreen --nogui --cfg="%rompath%" in the PCSX2 emulator entry itself.

I plan on sharing the configs on the forums, but a lot of people probably aren't going to want to add in custom parameters for each game. This would make it much easier for people to use them.
image.thumb.png.f2247fe11dcff8520a8bac2c38ab9702.png

• Like 4

2 more.

when updating media and metadata downloading new stuff out replacing. i would love a status report saying in as much detail what was added.

when using the Audit tool if it was possible to see in numbers or in percentage what is missing for each game.

I may alredy have posted this. sorry :)

Edited by ALIE