LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

5 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Because the auto generated lists are based off of certain tags such as platform or genre. If you want to manually control a list make a playlist manually.

One tip as well is to auto generate a playlist and then in that generated playlist, then select all the games and right click and add them to a manual playlist.

That's a good tip. I'll try that. I just used auto populated a few times because Its way quicker than going through each platform and searching for the appropriately named games. 

Bulk edit rom paths.  Implemented

IM assuming you still cant change a platform in the edit of a game and have the game remove itself from the one platform and show up on another?   For example, I have a sega genesis platform game and I find out it is a x32 platform game, I know I can change the core values and Platform values, however the game still shows up in the wrong platform.  Anyway to implement changing the platform and moving it without doing another import?

I Would also like to see a way to actually change the file name inside of Launchbox.  This way if something ever happens I don't have to do an edit like I'm doing now.  Many hours is worth it one time..... But not a second  God Forbid I ever need to reinstall a game set from Sega and Nes. lol

11 minutes ago, mylkman said:

IM assuming you still cant change a platform in the edit of a game and have the game remove itself from the one platform and show up on another?   For example, I have a sega genesis platform game and I find out it is a x32 platform game, I know I can change the core values and Platform values, however the game still shows up in the wrong platform.  Anyway to implement changing the platform and moving it without doing another import?

You can change it. Just right-click on the game you want to change and go to edit. You'll see the platform listed in the upper right side of the metadata. Just click the drop-down and change it to something else. When you change platforms in LB it should be in the one you changed it to and no longer in the one you had it in previously. I'm not sure if you can do this in bulk as I've never tried, but you can definitely do it for individual games as I've had a few instances where I accidentally imported something as either the wrong platform or with no platform and changed it after the fact.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mylkman said:

I Would also like to see a way to actually change the file name inside of Launchbox.  This way if something ever happens I don't have to do an edit like I'm doing now.  Many hours is worth it one time..... But not a second  God Forbid I ever need to reinstall a game set from Sega and Nes. lol

This has been discussed before and it's been denied before. The reason being is that the general consensus is that we don't want LB to mess with filenames for the (obvious) potential issues that could create.

5 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

You can change it. Just right-click on the game you want to change and go to edit. You'll see the platform listed in the upper right side of the metadata. Just click the drop-down and change it to something else. When you change platforms in LB it should be in the one you changed it to and no longer in the one you had it in previously. I'm not sure if you can do this in bulk as I've never tried, but you can definitely do it for individual games as I've had a few instances where I accidentally imported something as either the wrong platform or with no platform and changed it after the fact.

OK I see that now.  It doesn't automatically move it until the screen refreshes.  Pretty Cool.  I was hoping that was the case, however when I didn't see it move from the platform I just assumed it stayed in that folder.  THX

7 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

This has been discussed before and it's been denied before. The reason being is that the general consensus is that we don't want LB to mess with filenames for the (obvious) potential issues that could create.

Ok at least I'm not feeling crazy for wanting this as other people have asked as well.

Just now, mylkman said:

OK I see that now.  It doesn't automatically move it until the screen refreshes.  Pretty Cool.  I was hoping that was the case, however when I didn't see it move from the platform I just assumed it stayed in that folder.  THX

Yep, that kindof confused me too the first time it happened. It basically refreshes when you change platforms.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lordmonkus said:

The Mame rom importer will generate them, turn it off at the last step where you choose the different filters to not import all the fruit machine and clones, it's at the bottom.

OK I remember selected that on one of my imports to see what it does.  Thank you

Not having the names when using steam banner mode is becoming a nuissance for Items that don't have steam banners yet. I have to press the details button every time to see the game name because I haven't completed all the game's backgrounds yet. Can we please have the game names take the place of empty steam banners like it has for clear logos and the other images now? Thanks.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:23 PM, Lordmonkus said:

If you wanna get rid of the playlists after they have been generated the quickest way is to close Launchbox and then go to your \LaunchBox\Data\Playlists\ folder and delete the files you don't want. Restart Launchbox and the playlists should be gone.

I would much rather have to check this everytime I import games instead of it being auto checked after the first time you check it. AltHough it is easier to delete the playlists through windows.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 2:47 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Drag and Drop order of platforms listed in the left had column.
    -Hide/Unhide any platform.

I would love this. I was thinking it would be awesome to be able have the left column listing chronologically, (i.e. Atari 2600, then Colecovision, then NES, then Sega Mastersystem, then Turbografx, etc.) I tried appending the console names with numbers to achieve this, as a workaround since it is listed alphabetically, but it looked like crap and also threw a monkey wrench into importing/scraping.

Also, I have beat the drum for this before but in LB list view, the ability to change the position and width of columns, and remove some columns, and have that saved and opened up that way from then on, would be so useful. I care a lot more about Date Added and Last Played than other columns such as Developer, but those columns are way over to the right out of view and changes to this are wiped out every restart. I think every music player pretty much saves those changes and it would be a big help when I'm in "work mode", refining my collections within LB and also creating playlists, etc.

P.S. Happy New Year to all Launchboxers! 2018 is going to be the best year yet!

Edited by usuallee76
Added P.S.
  • Thanks 1