LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

A password on launchbox as this is where your collections can be deleted , so you have an option to setup a password to edit.

launchbox & bigbox splash screens , ability for community to create a startup splash in jpeg or png format , instead of the loading bar.

How about showing how many systems you have in your setup somewhere in the top left of Launchbox or anywhere come to that ? e.g. "Total Systems in Collection = 150"

Also only show games that have media (filter out games without) ? Can't see option anywhere if it does exist.

Thanks

On 12/12/2017 at 12:17 PM, harryoke said:

C64 .sid music files support

Amiga .mod & tracker music files support.

You can use them already with VLC. (Game Music Path: Browse: All files in filter)

Amiga mods can crash VLC/Launchbox, though, if are not named correctly, Windows way.  

• 4 weeks later...

@Jason Carr I have two request for small things that can make managing LB a whole lot easier. The first is adding a "Manual Path" column on the audit platform interface that acts just like the "Video Path" column. I have many game manuals but am also missing plenty and there's currently no easy way to check which manuals I'm missing without painstakingly opening the edit window and checking manual path for every single game. This would be a quick fix I believe.

Secondly,  I have lots of images for games I imported and deleted and also have no way of removing them or the videos and manuals associated with them when I decide to remove games from my library. Can you add an option where once you delete a game from your library on top of the pop-up asking you if you'd like to delete the rom associated with the game, also give an option asking to delete all media associated with the game (images, manual, videos and additional applications)? Maybe another idea would be allowing you to audit your files associated with a platform and any media that isn't associated with a game would then be deleted. Both would be ideal.

Loving 8.0 so far and these two small additions would make managing my LB collection SO much easier. Can't wait to see what features you have on the next poll.

Edited by Beatlemaniac19

I would definitely love that deleting a game would actually delete all related stuff of that title, not just images androms but also videos, music, manuals, etc. For MAME games, artwork, nvram, config files, etc. I'm currenlty cleaning up my collection and removing all files for any game takes me a lot of time.

I would love to see the video music and manuals that LB already manages being deleted but I doubt it will ever delete resources from MAME or any other emulator but if it does that feature will have to be able to be turned off. So I would have to be able to delete the rom from LB without deleting it from my HDD then also be able to purge all the LB resources for said game but not remove anything outside of LB.

Shared playlists, with the ability to vote.

Would be cool if I could browse popular playlists like 'best 90's shmups' etc. that others have curated, then upvote if I like it. Community could then collaborate to create meaningful playlists together.

On 1/2/2018 at 1:44 PM, usuallee76 said:

I was thinking it would be awesome to be able have the left column listing chronologically,

I was able to do this by right clicking the platform and editing the sort name to the year when the console was released. Doesn’t seem to affect any folder naming or anything that would screw up your build. 

Apologize if these have been mentioned as I didn't browse the entire thread:

• Really been enjoying the retro achievements integration, would it be possible to have games with retro achievements as an option to populate playlists? or as a sort option in the list view in LB?
  • When editing a game in LB it would be nice to have next game and previous game buttons to quickly go through multiple games.
  • A "clean up videos" function like what exists for images

I would love to see a subsection type ting for the database for Demos and unlicensed games and such. and LB on import having the option too filter them on import. currently hiding demos and such that i had forgotten about and its a long progress :) ..

I got another little thing i would love to be able to only show hidden games. in case off mistakes..

i know its not gonna happen but we can all dream ;)

Rom sharing intergrated into bigbox (premium only) :D

roms are not stored on any launchbox servers but are shared between friends who have a user / pass to connect to thier friends games database via ftp  and can pick and choose what to download , this option can be enabled or disabled in the bigbox options.