LaunchBox Community Forums
Lordmonkus

Your List of Small Things

C64 .sid music files support

snes .spc music files support

Amiga .mod & tracker music files support.

and could someone make a nice bigbox theme builder gui software for us thick twats as the current format is much too hard for us morons ;) 

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2017 at 6:17 AM, harryoke said:

C64 .sid music files support

snes .spc music files support

Amiga .mod & tracker music files support.

and could someone make a nice bigbox theme builder gui software for us thick twats as the current format is much too hard for us morons ;) 

+1 to this. Being able to view .spc music through bigbox would be absolutely amazing.

My small thing today is updating series metadata on the launchboxDB. For example, none of the zelda games have "Legend of Zelda" in the series tag.

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2017 at 2:47 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Drag and Drop order of platforms listed in the left had column.
    -Hide/Unhide any platform.

I would love this. I was thinking it would be awesome to be able have the left column listing chronologically, (i.e. Atari 2600, then Colecovision, then NES, then Sega Mastersystem, then Turbografx, etc.) I tried appending the console names with numbers to achieve this, as a workaround since it is listed alphabetically, but it looked like crap and also threw a monkey wrench into importing/scraping.

Also, I have beat the drum for this before but in LB list view, the ability to change the position and width of columns, and remove some columns, and have that saved and opened up that way from then on, would be so useful. I care a lot more about Date Added and Last Played than other columns such as Developer, but those columns are way over to the right out of view and changes to this are wiped out every restart. I think every music player pretty much saves those changes and it would be a big help when I'm in "work mode", refining my collections within LB and also creating playlists, etc.

P.S. Happy New Year to all Launchboxers! 2018 is going to be the best year yet!

Edited by usuallee76
Added P.S.
  • Thanks 1

I'd be cool if you could launch Bigbox from Launchbox by pressing a button in your controller, maybe the Guide button like you do in Steam to go from desktop version to Big Picture.

A password on launchbox as this is where your collections can be deleted , so you have an option to setup a password to edit.

launchbox & bigbox splash screens , ability for community to create a startup splash in jpeg or png format , instead of the loading bar.

How about showing how many systems you have in your setup somewhere in the top left of Launchbox or anywhere come to that ? e.g. "Total Systems in Collection = 150"

Also only show games that have media (filter out games without) ? Can't see option anywhere if it does exist.

Thanks

5 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

Also only show games that have media (filter out games without) ? Can't see option anywhere if it does exist.

You can do this Launchbox mode using the Audit tool.

Is it possible when on the wheelsgamesview to go straight into the game instead of it showing the next next 'page' for you to select play?

I'm sure before when going through #-z you had to select the letter before it switched to the letter you wanted has this changed? now it jumps to the beginning of each letter. can someone confirm this.

Edited by wallmachine

You can turn off the Games Details screen in the Big Box options.

Mine always skipped to the letter without a button press.

• Thanks 1

Is it possible to make the highlight on the #-z even for all the letters? Like for the letter 'I' you get a small highlight and on the 'W' you get a larger highlight

Edited by wallmachine

I guess you could edit the code for the particular theme you are using. Probably your best bet would be to check with the theme creator on their individual thread in the Big Box Custom Themes forum.