LaunchBox Community Forums

Moderation slow down

diamondgeezer

Well personally I've decided to take a break from it for a while. This is due in part to being sick of moderating the same changes back and forth, over and over; but another part of it is that I'm very disheartened by what happened to @SentaiBrad, and the 2 different versions of the story I'm hearing.

I've been a little concerned about the direction LaunchBox is going for a while, and Brad getting fired has made me question whether I want to keep contributing. I appreciate tremendously everything @Vlansix has been doing for the database, and look forward to seeing what changes get made, but I need to step back for a while. Maybe in a month or two I'll come back to it, maybe not, but I need to put my focus somewhere where I feel I belong a bit more.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

I've been a little concerned about the direction LaunchBox is going for a while

Are you allowed to say which direction this is? Its not a I need to pay more money direction is it?

Edited by jayjay

yes agreed it is sad about brad  being fired but we all have to agree this is a brilliant emulator front end and it is worth the effort  to build the database up although i do agree with @FistyDollars that you do see the same old things getting added and ten removed and then added over and over. I  have relly noticed a big slow down on the modding as of now i have 1005 submissions awaiting rejection or approval and would very much seem to have been like this since brad was let go . Im sure the launchbox team believe they had their reasons ( which they may or may not want to go into with any of us lot) but i do think it would be nice for them to make a statment  about this if just to clear up all the bad feeling surround their decision on brad ( well that my opinion anyway)

Edited by diamondgeezer
  • Like 1

I have stayed out of the database moderation side of things quite simply because it is something I have no interest in doing but if there is a problem with the way the moderation itself is being handled and you have suggestions on it let me know and I will bring it up to Jason.

Do too many people have moderation powers over it or something like that ?

40 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

No, as far as I know (and I don't know much), nothing has been said about a price increase of any kind. It's more about certain decisions that have been made.

Sounds ominous. After spending a good amount of time blocking all sorts of data gathering in win10 i think I'll block LB in firewall from now on. Its a sign of the times... cant trust anyone anymore so better safe than sorry.

On 7/9/2017 at 9:50 PM, diamondgeezer said:

yes agreed it is sad about brad  being fired but we all have to agree this is a brilliant emulator front end and it is worth the effort  to build the database up although i do agree with @FistyDollars that you do see the same old things getting added and ten removed and then added over and over. I  have relly noticed a big slow down on the modding as of now i have 1005 submissions awaiting rejection or approval and would very much seem to have been like this since brad was let go . Im sure the launchbox team believe they had their reasons ( which they may or may not want to go into with any of us lot) but i do think it would be nice for them to make a statment  about this if just to clear up all the bad feeling surround their decision on brad ( well that my opinion anyway)

I'll be back on it soon, my old ZX Spectrum chum. I'm in the middle of moving house and haven't had much time for it at the moment but will be back on it in the next week or so. (So get your 3D Box modding tools ready :-) ). I will be resuming the A titles in the ZX Spectrum.

I have only just found out that Brad has left the LaunchBox team and that is VERY sad indeed. And quite shocking tbh.

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Like 2

On 7/9/2017 at 9:57 PM, jayjay said:

Sounds ominous. After spending a good amount of time blocking all sorts of data gathering in win10 i think I'll block LB in firewall from now on. Its a sign of the times... cant trust anyone anymore so better safe than sorry.

Easy tiger. Filling in a couple of fields in a games database and uploading a few images via an online upload tool hardly amounts to an information breach. I'm sure whatever you have on your PC is not really that interesting anyway. Paranoid much?

• Like 1

ahhhh mr bond good to hear from you again mate i will look forward to seeing a flood of new speccy games that need a 3d makeover :) 

yes it it sad about brad but what is worse is that launchbox seems to have gone very quiet ( no news vids or dev vids on you tube  no tutorials NOTHING :( ) all seems strange 

• Like 1

You're right about that. I noticed that Jason said he would be doing a YouTube live development session on Monday (Yesterday) and I was waiting for the notify email to come through but that never happened. And then I noticed it had been 2 weeks since the last Retro Style Spotlight and Brad used to do them every week. That weird silence is what made me check up on here and I find that it all seems to have gone a bit wrong heh.

Anyway, we still gotta keep up the Database work. That's what Brad would have wanted I'm sure. I'll see you in a week or so mate. 'Til then....

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Like 1

On 09/07/2017 at 8:04 PM, FistyDollars said:

Maybe in a month or two I'll come back to it, maybe not, but I need to put my focus somewhere where I feel I belong a bit more.

You belong here bro. Fighting the Database fight ;-). I dunno. I did originally think 'stuff it' when I read about Brad, but the Database was his baby (as well as Vlansix) so I kinda think we owe it to him.

Anyway, you're a cool guy and I really want to steal your username but because I'm a goofy British guy, I have my sights set on FistyPounds ;-) (jk)

• Like 2

Ha! I appreciate it. Honestly, even the act of me saying I'm stepping back has made me want to contribute more again, so I might have been overreacting a bit. I don't know. I just wish @Jason Carr would really set the record straight.

I'll probably keep contributing stuff here and there, but maybe I won't moderate as much, just because it does tend to drive you mad after a while. The DOS section could use a bit of work, and I never did finish the damn WiiWare games...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Paranoid much?

Yes. lol. I did already say that.

"Dont like the direction Launchbox is heading" said to me "pay more" or maybe "we sell your data".  I didnt think sentaibrad would get fired over a moderation issue alone?

Edit by Lordmonkus:
Removed unnecessary name calling.