LaunchBox Community Forums

Free Folder Mode (again...)

pasteko

It's sitting at #15 on the list right now, which means that we'll probably tackle it but it will likely be a while yet. I tend to cut the list off at the middle, and #15 is still above the middle, at least for now. It's been obvious that it's something that the power users are pretty passionate about, though the general, broader user-base is much less interested in it (it was much higher up the list before I sent out the email to reach the rest of the community that isn't on top of social media).

Jason, I've suggested this before, but I feel there's a relatively simple short-term fix for the nested folders issue.  You already have Platform Categories which let us organize the platforms, but it's not feasible to organize playlists there because then they have to be added to the platform list.  If you could remove the need to check "add to platform list" before adding a playlist to a platform category it would make a big difference for organizing.  (Additionally it would be nice to be able to put platforms/playlists in multiple platform categories but that would likely get more complicated).

Anyway, thanks for listening and I respect your use of the poll results to determine your update priorities.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Lol. Some "smart" guy (maybe you @pasteko?) decided to fudge the poll and voted 300 times for nested folders yesterday. It was easy to identify and remove though. I did go ahead and close the poll so nobody else can try and fudge it. Nested folders ended up coming in at #14, and that's where it'll stay. :P 

How can you vote 300 times? there's an id in the poll link no?

It was not me, the only thing I did a few times was hitting back when refresh gave me an error.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pasteko said:

How can you vote 300 times? there's an id in the poll link no?

It was not me, the only thing I did a few times was hitting back when refresh gave me an error.

Sorry for calling you out @pasteko. Just figured it was a possibility lol. There are ways to game the system and vote multiple times; you just have to know how to do it. I won't detail it out though lol.

1 hour ago, alnyden said:

Jason, I've suggested this before, but I feel there's a relatively simple short-term fix for the nested folders issue.  You already have Platform Categories which let us organize the platforms, but it's not feasible to organize playlists there because then they have to be added to the platform list.  If you could remove the need to check "add to platform list" before adding a playlist to a platform category it would make a big difference for organizing.  (Additionally it would be nice to be able to put platforms/playlists in multiple platform categories but that would likely get more complicated).

Anyway, thanks for listening and I respect your use of the poll results to determine your update priorities.

@alnyden Good to know, though from what I hear, most people want true unlimited nesting. So that's going to be a focus when I implement that feature.

• 6 months later...