LaunchBox Community Forums

Image Wheels on Left Have Stopped Loading ??!

liamb2001

ive actually followed the performance thread guide to get it running smoother in the first place. TBH it was really smooth when i had 7 or 8 thousand games on it - something has clearly triggered something off in it

where abouts are the logs located on launchbox do you know ?

3 minutes ago, liamb2001 said:

have to say im absolutley gutted, feel like ive wasted so much time on this front end - regretfully wish id just stuck with hyperspin that i was using before !

Well, i am trying to be very careful with my language, so apologies. You did however say that it "did" work at a point for you, and now does not. The program itself has not really changed in weeks, so i can only assume that something has got corrupted somewhere along the line.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Well, i am trying to be very careful with my language, so apologies. You did however say that it "did" work at a point for you, and now does not. The program itself has not really changed in weeks, so i can only assume that something has got corrupted somewhere along the line.

yeah certainly seems that way. gonna see if it still occurs with a fresh install and 1 emulator next to eliminate anything external

What I do on my cabinet and I know this isn't going to be a fix but if I were you I would install a second instance on the same pc and start with one system just to make sure it's running ok... If not then it could be that Windows has updated something or another program has updated and is interfering with LaunchBox

• Like 1

Just now, liamb2001 said:

yeah certainly seems that way. gonna see if it still occurs with a fresh install and 1 emulator next to eliminate anything external

Ok cool, i did mention much further up, to just instal launchbox somewhere else on the drive, and copy the working folders over to the new folder.

Just now, Rincewind said:

What I do on my cabinet and I know this isn't going to be a fix but if I were you I would install a second instance on the same pc and start with one system just to make sure it's running ok... If not then it could be that Windows has updated something or another program has updated and is interfering with LaunchBox

im wondering same thing

Just now, liamb2001 said:

yeah ive tried that mate same outcome

Then with all due respect fella, it looks like you have a issue on your end. Now i am not saying that it is not a Launchbox issue at all. I am just saying that this is the first time i have ever seen this specific problem, and it's a problem that did at one time work on your system perfectly fine. So i would lean towards a issue your end. You will of course expect me to say that right? I'm sorry i just don't have anything else at the moment.

• Like 1

right ok so thats interesting.

Ive actually just backed up all folders from launchbox original, uninstalled it completley

installed a fresh launchbox and without importing any info at all have setup a sole emulator Demul with the 50 games. I set it up, downloaded all meta and images etc booted into Big box and guess what ??? Same issue. Looks like its highly likley to be something external to launchbox thats caused it !!

its windows 7 and have to admit it it has been doing a lot of updates latley, cannot imagine whats causing it but tempted to try rolling it back - failing that reinstalling windows

Can i ask, will my launchbox run from a secondary drive after a format as in does launchbox require registry connnection or does it leave any essential files in the root drive etc or will it run independalty and completley on another drive ?