LaunchBox Community Forums

Image Wheels on Left Have Stopped Loading ??!

liamb2001

Just now, liamb2001 said:

right ok so thats interesting.

Ive actually just backed up all folders from launchbox original, uninstalled it completley

installed a fresh launchbox and without importing any info at all have setup a sole emulator Demul with the 50 games. I set it up, downloaded all meta and images etc booted into Big box and guess what ??? Same issue. Looks like its highly likley to be something external to launchbox thats caused it !!

Mmm very interesting. Can you do me a favour and delete that new install, and re install a different version from your update folder and see if you get the same effect.

1 minute ago, liamb2001 said:

its windows 7 and have to admit it it has been doing a lot of updates latley, cannot imagine whats causing it but tempted to try rolling it back - failing that reinstalling windows

Can i ask, will my launchbox run from a secondary drive after a format as in does launchbox require registry connnection or does it leave any essential files in the root drive etc or will it run independalty and completley on another drive ?

Everything Launchbox needs is in the the Launchbox folder, unless you have specified anything different.

2 minutes ago, liamb2001 said:

my updates folder is empty so the only version i have is version 7.10 - i take it you are trying to elimate the relation from version 7.10 and my version of w7 ?

Just trying to see if it is your exact version, in this case 7.10, or every version you have on your system, but you only have one, so it's redundant. :) 

2 minutes ago, liamb2001 said:

yeah i defintiely dont have any other version other than the latest 7.10 on my cabinet - the updates folder was one of the folders i didnt backup

are you able to send me an older version ?

Unfortunately not, you could however if you are premium update to the latest beta.

1 minute ago, liamb2001 said:

well net framewqork 4.7 is installed and its not made any difference in big box unfoirtunatley

ive also clicked the beta in trhe options settings

any other suggestions ?

You want a honest answer?? No not really i am all out of ideas now. :( 

im thinking you might be onto something with the version myself. I think it was fine before it requested I update launchbox the other day

really appreciate you taking the time to try and help though mate really.

Ill figure it out one way or another

1 hour ago, liamb2001 said:

im thinking you might be onto something with the version myself. I think it was fine before it requested I update launchbox the other day

I don't actually think it is that honestly, 7.10 is the most recent stable version of the program and has been out for a while now, with no reported issue like this that i am aware of. There have been a few beta's since the official release, but it seems clear to me by reading through this again, that you was always on the official release not beta. So i'm at a bit of a loss, it "did" work, then randomly didn't with no update to the program issued for a few weeks now i think we can safely rule out a launchbox update . The only thing you have stated to me that may apply to this issue is that Windows has updated a bit recently, so that's my only line of enquiry at the moment i'm afraid. Especially as Bigbox "previously" worked just fine.

Feel free to fire any other questions at me if you think i can answer them and help with this at all.