LaunchBox Community Forums

I present Arcade media Manager. I preface that I built this for me thus the functionality may not suit everyone's needs but I'm open to feedback.

1.6 Updates

• Fixed bugs

1.5 Updates

• Renamed app to Arcade Media Manager based on discussion with Jason Carr
  • Fixed bugs

1.4 Updates

• Added delete button for images and videos
  • Added multi-image viewing
  • Reworked code to account for images with -01,-02,-03 more effectively and reduce inaccurate results.

1.3 Updates

• Cleaned up interface
  • Changed color scheme to gray
  • Added support for manuals (adding, viewing)
  • Added support for PinballX media management (this is disabled and will only be enabled by request as I'm not sure anyone else but me wants it and I want this to be Launchbox focused)

1.2 Updates

• I forget, lol

1.1 Updates:

• Added platform name to web search and remove "images" as well as open images tab in google
  • Added functionality for videos (snaps and themes)
  • Added ability to copy and paste images from the web (direct image and url)

What it does:

• Select your root LaunchBox Directory.
  • Platforms, Image types, and Game lists will populate.
  • Select a platform and image type.
  • Select a game and see the current image for that title and type. Choosing "Gallery" will show the Box-Front, Marquee, Fanart, and Clear Logo.
  • Drag an image on top of another to replace it or add it to the appropriate folder and the with appropriate name for LaunchBox recognition.
  • Click the "Missing items" filter to only show games that are missing that particular image type and quickly update them by dragging and dropping.
  • Search the web for images for a game title.
  • Open the images directory from the app.

Screenshots:

Capture1.thumb.PNG.98e2b08ca54c3be15ab938eee7d7a056.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.2a0444d3748ea34e4d3949884a08dffb.PNGCapture3.thumb.PNG.271f5bb273112b0fe19c772e205eb22d.PNGCapture4.thumb.PNG.f9de47b878086b5d74718b66883c7183.PNG

To be done (based on feedback):

• Add functionality for music

AMM_1.6.zip

Edited by igotdvds
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi I got below error when try to use Your aplication. It seems like it search for xml file not in folder I choose but in folder that You got xml files.

The highlighted text is in polish language but it says that program cant find xml file in specified path - as you can see its different path from what i choose

kk.jpg

Ok it works now.

The problem now is that many of my media pictures do not have the exact same name as the game (many of them got "(USA)" or "Europe)" text in file name after game title). They are connect to game in launchbox but when i click "Filter missing items" this games are shown in the list. 

Other question - it is possible to add videos, manuals and music samples to the listing?

Any help will be apriciated.

1 hour ago, vahacris said:

Ok it works now.

The problem now is that many of my media pictures do not have the exact same name as the game (many of them got "(USA)" or "Europe)" text in file name after game title). They are connect to game in launchbox but when i click "Filter missing items" this games are shown in the list. 

Other question - it is possible to add videos, manuals and music samples to the listing?

Any help will be apriciated.

Correct. The goal was to standardize to the default launchbox-created file structure "Game title - 01.png". I did not (competency limits) build in the intelligence to account for what you describe as I had few anomalies like you outlined. If you are getting images from the database or emumovies this is a minor issue. If you are importing image packs from other sites, bigger issue.

I will definitely look at adding the other elements you describe. Great idea!

Edited by igotdvds

Just now, wirtual82 said:

I have one more idea. I am not sure if you like it to implement, though. It would be great if we can use 'site' google search command to search through custom websites if we need to. So the ability to search images based on custom urls that we provide. For instance, when I click a button, I get this in google search engine:

Commodore Amiga The Great Giana Sisters site:http://amr.abime.net/

Commodore Amiga The Great Giana Sisters site:http://mobygames.com/

etc. 

Will consider as well.

1 minute ago, wirtual82 said:

And one more idea.  Currently, we can only drag and drop. This is really convenient and good way of importing new images. However, sometimes it would be good just to use "copy image to clipboard" and paste it. Maybe some shortcuts etc. It is already a great plugin. But yeah, just a few more ideas for you how it could be made even better.  Maybe not the most essential but worth mentioning.  

Another great idea!

24 minutes ago, wirtual82 said:

Yeah, this feature isn't even available in Launchbox, which makes adding new images manually a horror :)

Are you wanting to copy and paste from a folder on your local drive or right click and copy an image from a web browser and expect to paste it in....the latter may be more difficult.

Just now, wirtual82 said:

I had in mind copying an image from a web browser, actually. But yeah, whatever is possible.

At that point that image may not be stored in a location on your drive that can be pulled from and copied to another place. Researching now...

2 hours ago, wirtual82 said:

Yeah, it should be in the memory/clipboard. We could always save it first if it's not possible. 

EDIT! I have successfully implemented both methods. Will upload later with other new features. You can paste an image copied from the web without saving it to disk first and also paste a url from the clipboard and it saves it as well.

Edited by igotdvds

• igotdvds changed the title to LaunchBox Media Manager
41 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

Setup exe. Than I had an issue with a strange path. Than I want to delete all and re set it up again. Than it won't work anymore and i got that failure message that it is already installed in a different path

Pardon my redundancy but there are no listings to uninstall in control panel? Look for launchbox image manager and launchbox media manager.

On 7/14/2017 at 6:05 AM, vahacris said:

Hi I got below error when try to use Your aplication. It seems like it search for xml file not in folder I choose but in folder that You got xml files.

The highlighted text is in polish language but it says that program cant find xml file in specified path - as you can see its different path from what i choose

kk.jpg

I am getting this same error as well.  It looks like it is trying to find the files in c:\users\wiz\...   When the program first starts up, it prompts for the path of launchpad, but appears to not be using that path in this instance.

Just a request.  Would you please consider adding an auto scraper that could query 3rd party gaming sites and auto download and rename the media to match LaunchBox standards?

With a paid subscription for both LaunchBox and EmuMovies, I get about 80% of the media.  However there is still a lot missing.  One suggestion would to be use another site as a filler to grab the missing information.   For example, https://www.screenscraper.fr/

I wrote a small program a while back for my retropie that used their API in python (very ugly code, no gui, etc), but it was really easy.   They provide a nice API (it is all in french but was easy to figure out with google translate).  I found by getting a CRC hash of the rom files, then sending that as a request, one could match about 90% of the games.  I then sent a second request with the rom title name on the ones that the CRC hash did not match and was able to get nearly all of the remainder.  They have a very large selection of box art, 3d box art, scrapes, clear logos, logos, videos, etc.   They are a service similar to emumovies, where they have both a free and paid version.  The free version allows you access to everything, but just one connection at a time, which was enough for me to grab everything i needed. 

Would it be possible to implement something like this for your program?  It would be great if it automatically query from multiple sources and download the media.  A good example of similar programs are the movie and tv managers for kodi.tv   Such as media manager.  However they do not do game roms. 

4 hours ago, greengeek said:

I am getting this same error as well.  It looks like it is trying to find the files in c:\users\wiz\...   When the program first starts up, it prompts for the path of launchpad, but appears to not be using that path in this instance.

I found this issue. Apologies. New version uploaded.

• Like 1