LaunchBox Community Forums

This is fantastic -- thank you.  One more suggestion would be once you put an image into Gallery, you can specify what Image Type it is with right click.  So you can grab all images for a game and quickly label them.  But again, thank you for making this!

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, igotdvds said:

These are UAC settings on your machine. Lower your threshold and it will install.

I thought it might be that too but unfortunately it wasn't. I already have my User Account Control settings disabled (Never Notified), although I did change between each option on the vertical slider in UAC to see otherwise.

This-Publisher-Has-Been-Blocked-From-Run It could be a security setting enabled in Internet Options. That's the only other option I can think of. I'll check that once home. 

21 hours ago, Sashby said:

I get this security flag when trying to install your program. I'm the only user on my computer. Could you help point me in the right direction please?

LMM_Error.thumb.PNG.e3dd2c439c961b5fa37a91503ae3fdb7.PNG

You say you are the only user on your system, but that above message says otherwise. It says your administrator has blocked this install. If you are the only user then your PC is setup wrong, as it doesn't think you are the master administrator account on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sincerely hope this isn't presumptive or rude, but you can't know if you don't ask--would it be possible to see the source code for this app?

I have some ideas for apps that I'd like to build, but I'm a bit of a programming novice. Since there are few examples building on the Launchbox API, it would be hugely instructive to see how you've gone about building this application.

If the answer is no, it's no problem, of course. As I said, I'm not a professional programmer, so I'm not familiar with all the etiquette surrounding this type of thing. If the request is rude in any way, please chalk it up to ignorance rather than malice. :)

Cheers, Aaron

Edited by utopicide

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Yeah the source for paid applications is pretty much never released while its a viable product or it could be more easily reverse engineered. While I'm not the dev I can almost with certainty say that this will not be happening.

I think he is talking about this actual plugin @DOS76, but I could be wrong. I which case it's up to @igotdvds if he wants to share it or not.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:45 PM, utopicide said:

I sincerely hope this isn't presumptive or rude, but you can't know if you don't ask--would it be possible to see the source code for this app?

I have some ideas for apps that I'd like to build, but I'm a bit of a programming novice. Since there are few examples building on the Launchbox API, it would be hugely instructive to see how you've gone about building this application.

If the answer is no, it's no problem, of course. As I said, I'm not a professional programmer, so I'm not familiar with all the etiquette surrounding this type of thing. If the request is rude in any way, please chalk it up to ignorance rather than malice. :)

Cheers, Aaron

Happy to help. What were you looking to do that my app can help with? PM me if needed.

neil9000 and dos76: I was talking about source to the plugin and not LaunchBox itself, though my original post could have been clearer.

igotdvds: Thank you for the offer to help, it is much appreciated. My first question is: How do you reference the LaunchBox DLLs from within a standalone app? I can only get the LaunchBox API to function if I call if from within a plugin called from a running instance of LaunchBox, and I'm hoping if I can get a direct reference in a standalone app, it may make debugging a lot easier.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:36 PM, utopicide said:

neil9000 and dos76: I was talking about source to the plugin and not LaunchBox itself, though my original post could have been clearer.

igotdvds: Thank you for the offer to help, it is much appreciated. My first question is: How do you reference the LaunchBox DLLs from within a standalone app? I can only get the LaunchBox API to function if I call if from within a plugin called from a running instance of LaunchBox, and I'm hoping if I can get a direct reference in a standalone app, it may make debugging a lot easier.

I dont reference any DLLs. I am essentially scraping the XML files and extracting the meaningful data elements to create the lists.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...