LaunchBox Community Forums

12 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Rather than looking in the folders, wouldn’t it be better for this app to link in with Launchbox to see which covers are correctly associated with it? That way there wouldn’t be such errors. Or if that’s not possible, maybe allow for any -01 -02 or other file name variations. 

Ideally, yes. Do you know how to accomplish this? I would love to approach it this way but filenames, locations, and XML appeared to be the only option from outside the application.

34 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

I just checked mine, and got the same 'missing box front' for my Wii collection as well.  Remembering from an earlier post... looked at the LB folder and sure enough mine are all "-02".  Renamed them to -01 and now shows accordingly.

Yes, I don't handle for 02,03,etc. This seems easy enough as long as I cap it at some number, perhaps 3. I also handle for the straight filename as well without the -01.

Edited by igotdvds

This looks great. Will give it a shot this weekend. 

The duped images in my set are killing me, and I cannot use the default LB media cleaner because it will erase needed images.

If I can just scroll through games and see the images each one has it will be easy to manuay delete dupes. 

Humm...still no fix for those of us with thousands of media files carried over from our Hyperspin days or media downloaded from Emumovies. All my files end with (USA), (Europe), (Japan) and so on. Roms are named the same way.

Is it possible to have it find the media if it matches the exact rom name? Shouldn't be hard to do. Launchbox already does this.

1 hour ago, Styphelus said:

Humm...still no fix for those of us with thousands of media files carried over from our Hyperspin days or media downloaded from Emumovies. All my files end with (USA), (Europe), (Japan) and so on. Roms are named the same way.

Is it possible to have it find the media if it matches the exact rom name? Shouldn't be hard to do. Launchbox already does this.

I did. Do you have an example where it isn’t working? I built in wildcards for filenames as such (*).*

8 hours ago, igotdvds said:

I did. Do you have an example where it isn’t working? I built in wildcards for filenames as such (*).*

Ok, I was in "Gallery" mode. In Gallery mode I just get black squares. It displays the images if you select "Single". The "Missing" feature also doesn't work. Nothing happens on my end. Also, any games with a "-" in the rom name. Launchbox renames them to a ":" so those don't display. For example the rom is called "Army Men - Air Combat (USA)" but launchbox calls it "Army Men: Air Combat". Games like that don't display any media despite the all media files matching the rom name.

57 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Ok, I was in "Gallery" mode. In Gallery mode I just get black squares. It displays the images if you select "Single". The "Missing" feature also doesn't work. Nothing happens on my end. Also, any games with a "-" in the rom name. Launchbox renames them to a ":" so those don't display. For example the rom is called "Army Men - Air Combat (USA)" but launchbox calls it "Army Men: Air Combat". Games like that don't display any media despite the all media files matching the rom name.

Got it...will address. When my library is complete, it makes troubleshooting difficult. Lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just had another look at the latest version. Does the gallery view just show " the Box-Front, Marquee, Fanart, and Clear Logo" ? This seems very odd - in my mind the most useful way to use the gallery feature would be to show all associated artwork, not a random selection of 4 items. Is this possible?

Also, the "manual" section doesn't seem to populate - I have manuals for some games and they aren't showing here.

Edited by Retrofrogg

On 2/24/2019 at 6:37 AM, Retrofrogg said:

Just had another look at the latest version. Does the gallery view just show " the Box-Front, Marquee, Fanart, and Clear Logo" ? This seems very odd - in my mind the most useful way to use the gallery feature would be to show all associated artwork, not a random selection of 4 items. Is this possible?

Also, the "manual" section doesn't seem to populate - I have manuals for some games and they aren't showing here.

This was a personal choice as these are the images most crucial to my setup. I'll look at expanding the gallery to all.

Do you have an example of a manual that exists but isnt loading?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 7:33 PM, igotdvds said:

App has been updated. I imported Army Men - Air Combat (USA) and had no issues with the art. I fixed gallery as well.

I re-downloaded via the online downloader (not the version in the LB repository) and it still has this issue present.  Anything with a name where it has a set of (USA) for the region like "Asteroids (USA).png" will not show up as present if doing a "filter missing" check box.  Files that have the typical LB naming work as expected. Consistent across groups such as Front-Cart and Box 3D.  If I rename the file without the "(Europe)" or "(USA)" it picks up.  I replace back then doesn't again so definitely the (*) is causing issues.  Cannot tell which version I am using since don't see rev number, but downloaded on 3/10 so should be the latest. 

Thanks for the program, much speedier than LB to when working out gaps on media.  But a lot of my art was imported in mass with the above naming convention corresponding to the ROM, so makes a problem on some sets. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't get this to work. It installs, but when I click the shortcut on the desktop. It just wants to reinstall again.

Edit: Never mind. It was my anti-malware program blocking installation. Once I disabled it for the time being, and white listed it. It started working as normal.

Edited by Aurion
Update

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 7:52 AM, Retrofrogg said:

Is this app still undergoing development? No posts in over 6 months. Would really like to have something like this app to help with sorting the media. 

As time permits, yes. Sorry. What features are you looking for? I use it every week and it fits my needs but I'm happy to add other features or fix bugs. How can I help?

• Thanks 2

Hello it seems when i click missing he give me same result : street fighter 2 for Sega genesis but in launchbox all media are there so i don't understand why LMM give me this result. What does it search : it compare rom vs media ?

My games are outside from launchbox directory has i an impact on LMM ?

it's a great tool for media :)

Edited by Zozio