LaunchBox Community Forums

Zaazu's Bezels

Zaazu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@JaysArcade No worries, I've added them to the folder under _JaysArcade Bezels.

I've also removed RLauncher as most of the stuff I need is now built into LaunchBox. I've not had much time to make new bezels however I do plan on making more in the future.

Edit: Also uploaded the GIMP patterns I use to the _SOURCE folder which allows anyone to make the repeating manufacturer texture. Load them up in gimp and use the fill tool.

Edited by Zaazu
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Love these Bezels. Hopefully you don't mind, I created a few more to fill in some blanks. If you want to add them to the set there's no need to credit me or anything, hopefully some others can get some enjoyment out of them.

Hoping to make a few more to fill out all my systems as time allows.

Amstrad CPC.png

Atari Jaguar CD.png

Atari Jaguar.png

Atari ST.png

Nintendo 64DD.png

Nintendo Famicom Disk System.png

Nintendo Famicom.png

Nintendo Super Famicom.png

Sega CD 32X.png

Nintendo Satellaview.png

Edited by Crylen
Added Satellaview
  • Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

A few more.. I wanted to create ones for PC Engine and a couple SNK systems, then I noticed the backgrounds weren't consistent so I ended up redoing them so they match - haha. 

Going to try and tackle MSX and a couple other small oddball systems next.

NEC-TurboGrafx-CD.png

NeoGeo-AES.png

NeoGeo-MVS.png

SNK-Neo-Geo-CD.png

NEC-PC-Engine.png

NEC-PC-Engine-CD.png

NEC-PC-FX.png

NEC-Turbografx-16.png

• Like 2

Cool. Yeah it was too much trouble for me to invest that much time into finding the correct backgrounds when I made mine. Maybe Zaazu can replace mine with yours in his set. Feel free to rework any more of mine you don't like. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Glad these are getting some attention. I love that these are not busy looking and distracting.

Haha yeah I hear ya, doing the backgrounds takes up a lot of time. Especially since I'm not too familiar with GIMP so I end up redoing it in Photoshop.

Your PC FX logo is way better than mine but eh, I almost never play that thing anyway - good enough!

A few more, almost done with all my missing systems now. Anyone have any requests for anything that's missing? I'm staying away from handhelds since I prefer the ones that look like the actual system, similar to Zaazu's original.

CD-i looks kind of awful but the logo for that system is terrible too, it looks so stretched! 

I wasn't really sure what I should put as the background for MSX since so many manufacturers made that thing, so i just used MSX again? Oh well

NEC SuperGrafx.png

Philips CD-i.png

Magnavox Odyssey 2.png

Magnavox Odyssey.png

Microsoft MSX.png

Microsoft MSX2.png

Microsoft MSX2+.png

• 2 years later...
On 11/6/2019 at 5:44 AM, JaysArcade said:

Thank you so much for that cool Neo Geo AES bezel, it makes playing the Rolls Royce of consoles' games even better!

I've been trying to use this as a bezel, either on MAME or Retroarch, just copying the lay file or cfg file from other bezels, but to no avail. On MAME I just get some grey scratch-like stuff on the screen, and Retroarch nothing shows up.

Is there any chance you could make a bezel like the NG AES one you made for Retroarch, by using this .PNG right here, please?

art2.png

You might need to open your cfg file and make sure it is pointing to the correct png and that it is spelled exactly like the png.

What exactly do you need done with this bezel? Do you just want a generic black and white one like the AES bezel but says SNK NEO GEO instead of AES? Not sure I understand exactly what you're asking for.

On 9/4/2022 at 7:17 AM, JaysArcade said:

You might need to open your cfg file and make sure it is pointing to the correct png and that it is spelled exactly like the png.

What exactly do you need done with this bezel? Do you just want a generic black and white one like the AES bezel but says SNK NEO GEO instead of AES? Not sure I understand exactly what you're asking for.

I've been trying to use that particular bezel for Retroarch to use with my Neo Geo games (using the Mame core, if that's important), but to no avail. Yeah I know about the name in the .cfg file that has to be exactly the same as the .png file of course, but still, it doesn't work.

I did try altering the above .png file in GIMP and removed the screen frame, leaving only the bezel, to see if making really my own bezel would change something, but nah.

At this point, if anybody can make it work, I'll be thankful I get anything at all, with screen frame or not.

I really don't get it, any bezel I find online usually works fine with my Retroarch games (SNES, NES, etc). I do get the problem of the bezel being too small for the size of the game screen, and that too is a problem I can't wrap my head around with, but at least they get displayed. Not this one for w/e reason. Go figure.

SNK_NEO_GEO.png

SNK_NEO_GEO.cfg

I'll need to fire up my arcade cabinet and see how I did it in the past (I "think" I have NEO GEO set up on there). I "think" I'm using one of the final burn cores for AES and vanilla Neo Geo. I'm going off of memory because I haven't messed with this stuff much lately. You'll probably need to set up individual Retroarch configs for each system, even though they share the same resources.

This post kind of shows how to set NEO GEO into AES mode using the fbalpha_libretro core (assuming the core hasn't been renamed something else in the last few years). https://forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-run-neo-geo-in-aes-mode-fbalpha-libretro/8693 You'll need to make sure you are running the correct NEO Geo BIOS that works with this core.

I think if you can get away from trying to use the MAME core for Neo Geo, you'll have a lot more success getting the bezel/overlay to work. Going through retroarch AND Mame just adds a bunch of un-necessary complexity in my opinion.

I'll try to take a look tonight at my configuration when I get home from work and let you know how mine is set up.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 1:22 AM, Rlad said:

@vince16 I couldnt get it to work so i redid the cfg file and now it does, but the cfgs are exactly the same so i don't know what's going on.😁

Try this

SNK_NEO_GEO.cfg 98 B · 1 download

OMG, can I get a big cup of what the f*ck... you did it! It works! :D 

What did you do??? I went through that .cfg file a few times to check and re-check it was properly done, based on what that dude in that video was showing: 

but with always the same result. I'm very curious what I did wrong. Wish I were at your place to buy you a beer! Thanks mate! :)

The only small problem now is that after making a new bezel from the one posted above by removing the frame of the screen, I have black bars on both sides, and to my knowledge there's no solution for altering the size of the screen in Retroarch Mame. Or am I missing something again? Changing the resolution doesn't seem to have any impact on the size of the game screen either... Is there any chance you may consider doing what you did with this one too? 

With this new shader I just found, crt-fast-bilateral-super-xbr.glslp  (in "denoisers") my Neo Geo games shine again like on the day they came out! Give it a try and come back to tell me!  :)

art2.png

art2.cfg

On 9/9/2022 at 12:12 AM, JaysArcade said:

I'll need to fire up my arcade cabinet and see how I did it in the past (I "think" I have NEO GEO set up on there). I "think" I'm using one of the final burn cores for AES and vanilla Neo Geo. I'm going off of memory because I haven't messed with this stuff much lately. You'll probably need to set up individual Retroarch configs for each system, even though they share the same resources.

This post kind of shows how to set NEO GEO into AES mode using the fbalpha_libretro core (assuming the core hasn't been renamed something else in the last few years). https://forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-run-neo-geo-in-aes-mode-fbalpha-libretro/8693 You'll need to make sure you are running the correct NEO Geo BIOS that works with this core.

I think if you can get away from trying to use the MAME core for Neo Geo, you'll have a lot more success getting the bezel/overlay to work. Going through retroarch AND Mame just adds a bunch of un-necessary complexity in my opinion.

I'll try to take a look tonight at my configuration when I get home from work and let you know how mine is set up.

Yeah I know, I had to create a folder named "INI" inside the folder "MAME" inside the folder "SYSTEM" inside my Retroarch folder, then create the .ini file by myself and basically just type "bios 16" so I would have access to the universal bios v.4.0 (which is number 16 in the list of bios in MAME) that would let me turn the Neo Geo MVS games into their AES version in Retroarch Mame, but pressing A+B+C+D+Start at the same time during the 2secs the bios splash screen appears is a chore. I think my DualShock 4 is busted. :(

I haven't tried using Final Burn Neo for my Neo Geo games yet. What extra-something-special does it bring to the table compared to MAME?

The point of using the Retroarch MAME core for me is to allow me to have my separate list of Neo Geo AES games, aside from my list of Neo Geo MVS games. The latter run with standalone MAME, so I had to find a solution so my Neo Geo AES games would launch as that, AES games, not MVS. Plus, I get to play Neo Geo games with plenty of different shaders like the one I mentioned above, and all the little QOL improvements Retroarch offers, like just having to press my DS4 Home button to display the options I need, including save state, which is better than simulating the NG Memory Card in MAME.

5 hours ago, vince16 said:

OMG, can I get a big cup of what the f*ck... you did it! It works! :D 

What did you do??? I went through that .cfg file a few times to check and re-check it was properly done, based on what that dude in that video was showing: 

but with always the same result. I'm very curious what I did wrong. Wish I were at your place to buy you a beer! Thanks mate! :)

The only small problem now is that after making a new bezel from the one posted above by removing the frame of the screen, I have black bars on both sides, and to my knowledge there's no solution for altering the size of the screen in Retroarch Mame. Or am I missing something again? Changing the resolution doesn't seem to have any impact on the size of the game screen either... Is there any chance you may consider doing what you did with this one too? 

I used one of my own CFGs and renamed it, like i said in the previous post they both look identical but something is wrong with your file.

You can set screen size to whatever you want if you choose 'custom' under video>scaling>aspect ratio in Retroarch.

• Thanks 1