LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide platforms

cenodude

i add my voice for this feature.

As we all know , making the perfect working build is a long and tedious work so I duplicate my main LB hard drive on my 3 arcade cabinets so i'm sure in case of crash,  i have some saving of my build. but one cabinet is dedicated for arcade/consoles, one for racing games and one for computer games.

This function would be super helpful so each cabinet would have their own view while all the hidden platform would still be installed and configured if needed.

There is already a hide game option, i dont know what can makes a hide platform so more difficult that it's not implemented :(

Edited by Elhora

On 9/24/2021 at 4:03 PM, Elhora said:

i add my voice for this feature.

As we all know , making the perfect working build is a long and tedious work so I duplicate my main LB hard drive on my 3 arcade cabinets so i'm sure in case of crash,  i have some saving of my build. but one cabinet is dedicated for arcade/consoles, one for racing games and one for computer games.

This function would be super helpful so each cabinet would have their own view while all the hidden platform would still be installed and configured if needed.

There is already a hide game option, i dont know what can makes a hide platform so more difficult that it's not implemented :(

It's not that it would be hard to implement; it's that there's really not a great reason to implement it. Hiding games already allows you to hide platforms just the same...

I could hide all my windows games and it would get rid of the windows platform right, the problem I see in this is that I am hiding the game and therefor it will also disappear in the custom playlists I've created.

I would like to hide curtain platforms from showing but not the games as they are added to various playlists.

The only way it can be done now is by (I guess?) changing the platform of the game to one of the other platforms, so I would have to add a windows game to like the arcade platform and not the windows platform, which ideally is not something you want to do.

Edited by Whistler NL

I just removed all games from windows to other platform but even though Windows platform is now empty is still shows up in BB with the message it doesn't have any games. So to get rid of windows I have to actually delete the platform from LB. 

On 10/7/2021 at 4:24 AM, Whistler NL said:

I just removed all games from windows to other platform but even though Windows platform is now empty is still shows up in BB with the message it doesn't have any games. So to get rid of windows I have to actually delete the platform from LB. 

I see; I think it will show up still if you have playlists under that platform. This is still on our list, so either way we will get to it here at some point.