Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

Levo_Stone    34

This is my current PlayStation 3 Emulator set up in BigBox. I use RocketLauncher as a back-end in order to get this working. The 3D Box art is made by me and can be downloaded from Emumovies and the Video Snaps are just trailers downloaded from YouTube. I think the Game play looks a lot choppier than usual because I am recording the screen in 4k.  The only game that does not work to a least some degree is Beyond Two Souls, I just have it there because I think that game is great.This is how I got it working Look at Robin55's post: http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?2593-Rpcs3&p=37487&posted=1#post37487

 

 

Edited by Levo_Stone
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALIE    251
13 minutes ago, alexis524 said:

what kind of system specs do you guys have that are running rpcs3?

I Believe you Said i went all Ham 😅

be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900. 

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE - 11 GB RAM

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 16 GB. 

Intel Core i7-7700K

Corsair RM850X. 

Asus ROG Maximus IX Code motherboard. 

Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD (500 GB)

WD Desktop Blue 3,5" - 1 TB

Corsair Hydro H100i v2 watercolor  - 240 mm.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alexis524    70

that's right i did :)

I have a pretty close setup to yours, not exact, but close. My CPU is an i5 4460 and GPU is an 8gb XFX r9 290x.

I may have to give it a go to see what kind of framerates i can pull off.

 

P.S. like your rig thus far?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALIE    251
Just now, alexis524 said:

that's right i did :)

I have a pretty close setup to yours, not exact, but close. My CPU is an i5 4460 and GPU is an 8gb XFX r9 290x.

I may have to give it a go to see what kind of framerates i can pull off.

 

P.S. like your rig thus far?

Loving it everything is so smooth and clear at 4K.  Just bought one of my favorite games last year Rise Of The Tomb Raider i thought i looked great on Xbox One 😄 now it looks absolutely stunning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Omen    38
59 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Loving it everything is so smooth and clear at 4K.  Just bought one of my favorite games last year Rise Of The Tomb Raider i thought i looked great on Xbox One 😄 now it looks absolutely stunning. 

Haha you did the opposite of me, I went from PC gaming to a PS4 Pro. And I was like, I thought Steam's Big Picture was cool, but damn this PS4 interface is the s***! xD

Edited by Omen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Levo_Stone    34

 

1 hour ago, ALIE said:

Loving it everything is so smooth and clear at 4K.  Just bought one of my favorite games last year Rise Of The Tomb Raider i thought i looked great on Xbox One 😄 now it looks absolutely stunning. 

1080 with 11 gigs of ram??? man that's some serious set up, I'm running a 980ti with 6 GB, does the job for the most part on my 4k TV but I'm upgrading the rest of my rig this Christmas, I might pick up a second card at some stage too if they drop in price or I find someone selling one online....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALIE    251
21 minutes ago, Levo_Stone said:

 

1080 with 11 gigs of ram??? man that's some serious set up, I'm running a 980ti with 6 GB, does the job for the most part on my 4k TV but I'm upgrading the rest of my rig this Christmas, I might pick up a second card at some stage too if they drop in price or I find someone selling one online....

Yah it definitely feels like a whole new Generation. Something i hardly felt jumping from 360 to Xbox One. This current console generation made jumping to PC very easy except for a fewer exclusives on PS4 image done with consoles. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harryoke    5

personally i am not adding ps3 to my launchbox collection atm as game compatibility with rpcs3 is really poor. i could import all my ps3 games but then i would go crazy not been able to play them :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Levo_Stone    34
11 hours ago, harryoke said:

personally i am not adding ps3 to my launchbox collection atm as game compatibility with rpcs3 is really poor. i could import all my ps3 games but then i would go crazy not been able to play them :D

Ah your missing the point dude, It's about the novelty of being able to play ANY PlayStation 3 game at all on a PC, That to me is just awesome and there actually is a good few fully playable and soon to be fully playable games on the Rpcs3 compatibility list! and progress on the emu is fast .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harryoke    5
14 minutes ago, Levo_Stone said:

Ah your missing the point dude, It's about the novelty of being able to play ANY PlayStation 3 game at all on a PC, That to me is just awesome and there actually is a good few fully playable and soon to be fully playable games on the Rpcs3 compatibility list! and progress on the emu is fast .

havnt tried importing ps3 yet , can lauchbox recognise the BLES/BLUS xxxxx or do you need named folders ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Levo_Stone    34

I use Rocketlauncher as a backend for LaunchBox, It plays those files perfect that way but getting the whole thing set up even with my good knowledge of Rocketlauncher, (I use it for everything) takes quite a while. I honestly don't know if Rpcs3 can be integrated into Launchbox with out the use of Rocketlauncher but I haven't tried. All I would suggest is that if you try it you might want to put empty txt files with the games serial in the game folder along with your games folders in Rpcs3 and point your games to them, I doubt it will work but that's how I got it to work with Rocket Launcher anyway, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Omen    38

You can set up RPCS3 in LaunchBox without RocketLauncher, it's how I had it before I found a working RL module. Just import each game's EBOOT.bin file, there's nothing else special to get it to work, just LB's default settings. Though I don't know how anyone can use LB without RL, the Pause menu is a must for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×