LaunchBox Community Forums

SOC Boards (x86) What's out there for higherend Emulation

natemac00

So I I’m gonna go with Udoo, in your opinion, for emulation and running LaunchBox smoothly... the $100 difference between the Advanced with Intel Celeron N3160 2.24 Ghz & 4GB RAM or theUltra with the Intel Pentium N3710 2.56 GHZ & 8GB ram? From ETA’s video, the Advance will not handle Dreamcast and up very well, is the Ultra enough to make a difference or not worth it.

it would also be nice to play some Steam/Arcade game, like Mortal Kombat X & Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, which is only $15 on steam right now FYI.

Edited by natemac00

I have seen videos on youtube of people playing dreamcast games through nullDC just fine on very similar hardware to the Udoo. There is also a dreamcast pack on steam you can buy... I am not sure if those games are emulation or PC ports. 

Assuming that the Udoo boards is based on cherry trail, which has a pretty decent IGP, then you should be able to play lots of native PC games. The fighting games you mentioned should be fine.