LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME not working

Wheeler

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I cannot give you an exact name or provide links due to copyright reasons.

I will just say though if you google dome of pleasure you will find a site that has up to date Mame sets freely available. You will however have to register and go through a couple of minor hoops and use torrent.

Games like Killer Instinct aren't going to work unless you have the chd files to go with them they aren't included with the roms they are another whole 500GB download themselves but you can find the ones just for the specific games you want the chd's for.

@Wheeler Not sure if there is a full list anywhere. I did a search and only found forum links to people who made a few lists of some, but not all, games that needed CHD. I do know in MameUI version of Mame there is a view option that lists all the games that need a CHD. The list on mine shows about 800 games (though not all of them actually work). 

Edited by Retro808

ok I checked my old files from 153 and I only had CDHs for Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 1 to 3. I will copy those into the ROM folder and see how that goes. Thank you again will update ASAP. need to transfer 42 GB of ROMs to the gaming PC.

OK here is my progress. I have installed MAME 188. Using the Command Prompt directions provided and the ROM set I got. It works perfectly as a stand alone emulator. without the UI however I cant seem to figure out how to get the games to run in widescreen format. Once I get home from getting my daughter from school I will try this new version of MAME and its ROMs in Launchbox and report back if this fixed by LB issue with Arcade games.

Also I notice that MAMEs sounds on some games are very low.....anyway to fix that on the games that the audio is lower on?

Edited by Wheeler

BTW MAME now works with launchbox YIPPIE!

I have done that in the DOS looking MAME, however it then changed the INI file completely and gets rid of the port audio info the MAME Noobs post told e to change it to:

# OSD SOUND OPTIONS
#
sound                     portaudio
audio_latency             1

#
# PORTAUDIO OPTIONS
#
pa_api                    "Windows WASAPI"    
pa_device                 default
pa_latency                0.003334

so was looking to see if anyone knew how to change it in the INI file so I can keep the port audio options as well?

Edited by Wheeler

you just go to your MAME.ini in the MAME folder if you don't have one simply open the UI with no game loaded and click on configure options when that opens click save config this will generate the file after that open the .ini with NotePad++ or your text editor of choice and find that line, change it and save and it should all be good.