LaunchBox Community Forums

15 hours ago, ALIE said:

Well I already feel like a monkey these days. Sure I can monkey around for a bit but I don't know blade runner well not sure if I can spot the little things. 

Thanks dude, appreciate the help. I will post them this Monday and let you know. All I really need is to test how smooth things run and some extended attract modes for both.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay I was out of town. I tested CityHunter 2 and it works great and it fixes my issue with the video not playing on the game list. Thanks for fixing that :D It looks like the video file has to be labeled background.mp4 though so you can't put multiple videos in the folder to cycle through...correct?

The only issue I have encountered is that the Tiger Game.com clear logo won't populate on the menu. I've tried labeling it Tiger Game.com.png and Tiger Game com.png and Tiger Game_com.png but none of them are work. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I'm missing a few platform banners and if you have any time I would be grateful if you could make them. If you don't have time and you are willing to upload your banner template I could try to make them myself.

- Neo Geo Pocket (not the color, just the regular Neo Geo Pocket)
- Nintendo DS
- Tiger Game.com
- WonderSwan
- WonderSwan Color

**EDIT**

I'm not sure what fixed the issue but I rebooted bigbox and the Tiger Game.com.png logo is showing up correctly now. It's currently labeled Tiger Game.com.png

Edited by Special T

2 hours ago, Special T said:

Sorry for the delay I was out of town. I tested CityHunter 2 and it works great and it fixes my issue with the video not playing on the game list. Thanks for fixing that :D It looks like the video file has to be labeled background.mp4 though so you can't put multiple videos in the folder to cycle through...correct?

The only issue I have encountered is that the Tiger Game.com clear logo won't populate on the menu. I've tried labeling it Tiger Game.com.png and Tiger Game com.png and Tiger Game_com.png but none of them are work. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I'm missing a few platform banners and if you have any time I would be grateful if you could make them. If you don't have time and you are willing to upload your banner template I could try to make them myself.

- Neo Geo Pocket (not the color, just the regular Neo Geo Pocket)
- Nintendo DS
- Tiger Game.com
- WonderSwan
- WonderSwan Color

**EDIT**

I'm not sure what fixed the issue but I rebooted bigbox and the Tiger Game.com.png logo is showing up correctly now. It's currently labeled Tiger Game.com.png

Thanks for the feed back. Yes the new location for the playback video is just in the Video root folder and has to be named background.mp4. As of right now I am removing the plugin that enables the random/shuffle playback for multiple videos because @Jason Carr is serious about making this an actual BigBox option which would integrate the process and not only benefits my themes but also everyone else's. 

I can take a look, there is a number of newer arcade systems I have added to my cab set up that I also need to make banners and wheels for, just finding the time is mainly the delay. @Zombeaver clear logos and banners are what mine are based off of and he may have covered those systems/platforms already if you need to fill those during the wait. 

Hi,

Great theme! This Beta feels snappier then the previous one, so love that. I did use the clean version so hopefully you'll be bringing out a clean version again.

Only issue I'm seem to be having is after the first startup (launch straight into bigbox on the cab) the platform vid doesn't change, so for example when going from handhelds to arcade it keeps playing the handhelds vid and I have to go back and forth and when it's loaded once it's all good. When going into these platforms theirs no problem.

I don't seem to have this with the previous clean version.

Keep up the great work! Love this theme! Thanks

Update: Vid eventually does change but there is just a huge delay I found out.

Edited by Whistler NL

14 hours ago, Whistler NL said:

Hi,

Great theme! This Beta feels snappier then the previous one, so love that. I did use the clean version so hopefully you'll be bringing out a clean version again.

Only issue I'm seem to be having is after the first startup (launch straight into bigbox on the cab) the platform vid doesn't change, so for example when going from handhelds to arcade it keeps playing the handhelds vid and I have to go back and forth and when it's loaded once it's all good. When going into these platforms theirs no problem.

I don't seem to have this with the previous clean version.

Keep up the great work! Love this theme! Thanks

Update: Vid eventually does change but there is just a huge delay I found out.

More than likely because with the default engine it has to complete it's play cycle before shifting to another with the platform videos. There will be a clean version, I use that one myself as well. These are just two test version to make sure everything is working as should. If you look at my d/l sections I still havent pulled the older themes yet.

2 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

More than likely because with the default engine it has to complete it's play cycle before shifting to another with the platform videos. There will be a clean version, I use that one myself as well. These are just two test version to make sure everything is working as should. If you look at my d/l sections I still havent pulled the older themes yet.

Thanks man! Looking forward to the clean version after beta phase is over. Still have the old clean version installed. But will be using the Beta for now, so when something is up I can let you know about it!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

First off, this theme is awesome!! Thank you OP for all of your awesome work! 

Two questions: 

1) I've seen videos featuring "the grid" background video, does anyone have a link to where I can find it? 

2) I'm using this on a 4k tv so my desktop scaling is at 300%. The text for all the data sections (platform data, description, etc) is quite large. Is there a way to scale this down a bit without affecting anything else? 

Thanks again! 

17 hours ago, emudude said:

First off, this theme is awesome!! Thank you OP for all of your awesome work! 

Two questions: 

1) I've seen videos featuring "the grid" background video, does anyone have a link to where I can find it? 

2) I'm using this on a 4k tv so my desktop scaling is at 300%. The text for all the data sections (platform data, description, etc) is quite large. Is there a way to scale this down a bit without affecting anything else? 

Thanks again! 

Grid is lost unfortunately, I no longer have the files. That is an issue with how BigBox scales with DPI. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since I love this theme and the banners that keltoigael made I attempted to make a few banners of my own to fill in the gaps that keltoigael hasn't had a chance to make yet. I know they're not perfect, but I tried to emulate the original banners as closely as I could. I figured I would share these in case anyone else wanted to use them until keltoigael makes replacement banners. I hope you like them ;)

Atari Lynx.png

Bandai WonderSwan Color.png

Bandai WonderSwan.png

Microsoft MSX.png

Microsoft MSX2.png

NEC PC-9801.png

Nintendo 3DS.png

Nintendo DS.png

Nintendo FDS.png

Nintendo N64DD.png

Nintendo Pokemon Mini.png

Nintendo Satellaview.png