Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

Hey love this build!! But when I downloaded the standard and the plugin version I go into big box it shows up in the themes selection but when I click on it nothing happens. So I followed the simple instructions changing the video selection to VLC still nothing. I would really appreciate the help, I went to the facebook group it told me to leave a comment on forums also someone replied that windows might be blocking a plugin? I don't know but if some one can help me again I would be greatly appreciated Thanks!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Purpl3City said:

Hey love this build!! But when I downloaded the standard and the plugin version I go into big box it shows up in the themes selection but when I click on it nothing happens. So I followed the simple instructions changing the video selection to VLC still nothing. I would really appreciate the help, I went to the facebook group it told me to leave a comment on forums also someone replied that windows might be blocking a plugin? I don't know but if some one can help me again I would be greatly appreciated Thanks!!

 

Are you sure you unzipped it correctly and dont have a cityhunter folder inside the cityhunter folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think so I used 7 zipped and used "extract here" there is a city hunter folder inside "CityHunter_2_(theme)_Plugin_Version" folder

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Purpl3City said:

I think so I used 7 zipped and used "extract here" there is a city hunter folder inside "CityHunter_2_(theme)_Plugin_Version" folder

 

Yeah, you just want the cityhunter folder, move it out of the cityhunter_2_.(theme.......folder to be in the themes folder.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the Plugin version listed in the downloads, was that removed? Is there any way to get the background videos to rotate randomly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Great Theme

Just one problem, ever since 9.4, the selector color from the options list,letters bar,game details etc that was red is now back to default blue. It's like the theme ignore the style xaml.

Edited by argo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, we can't loose this theme to any of the new updates that have happened.  It's one of the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nadonate, The plugin version has been removed.

@argo and @damageinc86, the theme wont be lost, @keltoigael needs to update that specific part of it however and is already aware of the issue. Just have a little patience. Critical Cid just updated his Critical Zone theme because of the same reason and this is a skin of that theme, so needs to be updated also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good-news-everyone.jpg

I have updated CityHunter 2 to work with the new theming changes to BigBox. I also revisited some of my older larger video files and re-encoded  them to use h265 and save some space/bandwidth. Unfortunately you will have to re-download the theme to be able to use CityHunter 2 with LB/BB 9.4. The positive now is that CityHunter 2 is only a 40mb download including the original CityHunter background. Changes should be up soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, keltoigael said:

good-news-everyone.jpg

I have updated CityHunter 2 to work with the new theming changes to BigBox. I also revisited some of my older larger video files and re-encoded  them to use h265 and save some space/bandwidth. Unfortunately you will have to re-download the theme to be able to use CityHunter 2 with LB/BB 9.4. The positive now is that CityHunter 2 is only a 40mb download including the original CityHunter background. Changes should be up soon.

 

Those video files were beastly! Thanks for slimming them down. 

Is VLC the preferred big ox media player now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nadonate said:

 

Those video files were beastly! Thanks for slimming them down. 

Is VLC the preferred big ox media player now? 

I really can't say which is better at the moment, VLC or WMP. That is something @Jason Carr could answer though. I want to say he leans more towards VLC, I am currently using VLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nadonate said:

Those video files were beastly! Thanks for slimming them down. 

Is VLC the preferred big ox media player now? 

They both have their tradeoffs. VLC can be slightly more resource-intensive, but also tends to result in smoother transitions, assuming the hardware can keep up. WMP may be stripped from future versions of Windows for all we know, and it also requires third-party codecs for many of the videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

They both have their tradeoffs. VLC can be slightly more resource-intensive, but also tends to result in smoother transitions, assuming the hardware can keep up. WMP may be stripped from future versions of Windows for all we know, and it also requires third-party codecs for many of the videos.

I am not of course Jason Carr. i had a pretty powerful PC, i thought...but in older versions i could not use VLC, for whatever the reason was, it didnt like my system at all. So i used WMP it worked flawlessly for me, with the side effects of adjusting volumes and such in bigbox made no difference. (they only work in VLC). I know have the new updated VLC, and the playback is so much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I am not of course Jason Carr. i had a pretty powerful PC, i thought...but in older versions i could not use VLC, for whatever the reason was, it didnt like my system at all. So i used WMP it worked flawlessly for me, with the side effects of adjusting volumes and such in bigbox made no difference. (they only work in VLC). I know have the new updated VLC, and the playback is so much better.

Volumes do work in WMP; they may not have at some point in the past, but they should work fine currently. I have heard that the new version of VLC fixed issues for some people it wasn't working for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have gotten a lot of messages about what font I used for the Clear Logos, it is called Road_Rage and is now included in both the Banners and Clear Logos zips.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I boot up in Bigbox using this theme the background video does not play. When I enter and exit the Bigbox menu, only then, it starts playing or when I browse to the games list it also triggers the background video and after that it plays throughout the theme as normal.

Has anyone had this problem or knows what could be wrong here.

Thanks

Edited by Whistler NL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×