LaunchBox Community Forums

Stutter/mini freeze every 5-6 seconds

Imgema

1 minute ago, Temp said:

Ok so I don't normally stick my nose in stuff like this but since I am not a mod and do not have to remain civil or politically correct, what is seriously your deal? Obviously if this was a significant problem someone else would speak up about it. My question is why is this even a major deal for you? This little program continuously works great for me and I have no complaints whatsoever. If you are that displeased with whats going on ask for a freaking refund.

What's your deal if i have a deal?

Whether or not this is "significant" or not is a matter of opinion. My main problem right now is that i don't get why this problem affects me and nobody else. If someone said "yes, i do see this problem but it's not significant enough" i would just stop posting and deal with it or use another program. Also, i never had this issue in the past, i will just try to find an older version in the wild and use that. But it just bugs me that nobody else seems to be affected and i get this in so many different setups. It's just weird.

6 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Now now, play nice.

I would suggest looking into other programs or services that you may have running that could be causing some sort of interference.

The third system i tested is a quite fresh Windows 7 setup with less than 40 processes.

The second has Windows 10 and the main a more up to date Windows 7. All 3 systems have different things. The only thing that is the same is that all use Nvidia cards. Although all are different models and have different versions of drivers.

Anyway, i'll try to troubleshoot this more, thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Imgema

I don't think it's a case of up to date or not up to date. I also use an Nvidia graphics card in my main system and an older Radeon 7800 series card in my HTPC.

It could possibly be one of the Windows processes, one of the first things I do with a fresh Windows install is disable a bunch of processes that are useless to me.

Could you record a video of the issue and upload it ?

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

I don't think it's a case of up to date or not up to date. I also use an Nvidia graphics card in my main system and an older Radeon 7800 series card in my HTPC.

It could possibly be one of the Windows processes, one of the first things I do with a fresh Windows install is disable a bunch of processes that are useless to me.

Could you record a video of the issue and upload it ?

I never recorded a video before but maybe i can do one off screen with the mobile. I also found two older versions, 6.9 and 7.8. I'll also test these.

Ok, sorry for the quality but i think you can see the problem pretty clearly.

1st part of the video, i move the edit window and it looks OK. It does have a minor stutter issue but it's not very bad. Second part of the video, i open the second window and now you can see the stutter/freeze issue every few seconds becoming more severe. Last part of the video, i reproduce the crash when i browse my complete collection of 8.000 titles. You can also see how it stutters while i scroll since the stutter issue affects the whole program.

This behavior is the same across 3 different computers. Only difference is that the Windows 10 system doesn't give me a message when it crashes.

Edited by Imgema

Ok I see what you are talking about and to be perfectly honest and blunt, you have to be kidding me.

I'll start with the media download first, that is just having to wait for Launchbox to connect to server and query it, not a problem.

Second. I will address the dragging around of the window. Who just sits there dragging their windows around in circles for seconds on end just to see if there is a "stutter" ?

Third. Much like the window dragging issue, who just sits there dragging the scroll bar up and down that much and fast ? Why would you even do that ? You can't even see what games are scrolling by.

To be perfectly honest here what you are doing and complaining about are extremely minor and well outside the bounds of normal usage. You are quite literally nitpicking over nothing and being quite petty and I have noticed this is a common trait of yours here and other forums.

Wow... talk about patronizing...

Maybe you didn't read this part " the stutter issue affects the whole program". Not just moving a window.

I know it needs to query first, i know it stutters WHILE it's queuing, that's why i give it some time. I didn't even download anything. And yet, after that, the program does this even if i leave it open for all day. So whatever i do (not just move a window around), i briefly lose control of the program for every 6 seconds. Now i'm in the middle of creating a new platform and all the time i have this mini-freezing every 6 seconds.

This didn't affect older versions. It was smooth all the time. I guess you don't care if something doesn't work as good as before? Maybe for you it's nitpicking but having a front-end feeling smoothly enough should be important imo. I guess you don't agree.

Anyway, sorry for bothering the troubleshooting/beta testing forum for a problem.

Nope, not patronizing at all, only stating facts.

The stuff you are doing and complaining about are not only outside of the realm of normal use, they are outside the realm of abnormal use. You are quite literally doing things that no one would ever being doing at all let alone once in a while in oddball scenarios.

This isn't troubleshooting this is just plain wasting our time trying to find a solution for a non existent problem. Not only that myself and @DOS76 do not experience these issues even doing the exact same thing you told us and showed us. And of course no one else experiences these problems because no one else does these extremely oddball things because they make zero sense to ever do.

Locking this waste of time and energy now because like I said, you do this same extreme nitpicking over nothing on other forums as well.