LaunchBox Community Forums

VLC playback still buggy on beta 15

Naddel81

@Jason Carr I was wondering if we could update the VLC version that comes with LB now beacause VLC is at 2.2.6 now and I am not sure if VLC is still using the CFG file that is included with LB either because I made some changes in the cfg file yesterday and I could never see the changes happening with BB although when I made those same changes with standalone VLC I could see the changes I had made right away when I ran VLC. Also after reading the new channel log it says they have fixed the green line with nvidia and amd drivers that some users were having with there videos.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 2:37 PM, Naddel81 said:

it now loads most videos, but crashes on a third of them in the first second of playback. when going up/down and selecting the game again the movie plays fine in background.

I've had this exact issue in LB (never in BB) with every version if I set it to use VLC. If I switch to Media Player I have no such issue. VLC works fine for me in BB.

Default theme, but I don't think that matters because it only crashes with VLC used in LB. I have no issue using VLC in Bigbox. I'm sure I have some other posts and bitbucket tickets on this from a while back. It has done this since I started using LB a little over a year ago. I think @Zombeaver also has this issue. I decided to accept it and just use WMP for Launchbox and VLC for Bigbox..

Oh ok I was half listening to the stream today and thought the issues were in BigBox. So that makes total sense now, Im not sure i've noticed a problem in LaunchBox as I have it set to 'Auto play Videos OFF' so I click the video to play it... But when I checked this a second ago I found this only works for VLC not WMP...

14 hours ago, ckp said:

Default theme, but I don't think that matters because it only crashes with VLC used in LB. I have no issue using VLC in Bigbox. I'm sure I have some other posts and bitbucket tickets on this from a while back. It has done this since I started using LB a little over a year ago. I think @Zombeaver also has this issue. I decided to accept it and just use WMP for Launchbox and VLC for Bigbox..

Yep, VLC will occasionally crash LB for me - as ckp said, it's fine in Big Box.

I don't get any crashes, but as I tried to say in the stream yesterday before both my youtube accounts got banned now, when bigbox is out of focus and then is put back in focus (minimized/unminimized), the video is still frozen until you move to another game. I can understand it pausing when not in focus. But I would like for it to unpause itself when you are back in focus.

Hey all, just put out a new beta. Please let me know if this latest beta fixes any of the video issues that were introduced to you in the 7.11 betas. @Naddel81 @LukeArio

@dragon57 that sounds potentially like a performance issue with VLC not being able to load up the videos from disk fast enough, which is a known/unrelated issue with VLC (not much we can do about that particular issue).

I'll look at the LaunchBox VLC issues here soon as well; however, let's keep this particular thread focused on Big Box video issues that were specifically introduced with the 7.11 betas. For any new folks coming into the thread, please confirm if the issues you're seeing are new to the 7.11 betas by downloading the official 7.10 release and comparing. :)